New Guy Checking In! Need Advice..2007 Denali 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMBX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just picked up a 2007 Denali 6.2L AWD. Super nice rig! Fixed a misfire code right away thanks to all the posts from you guys. Thanks! My question now is, I want to replace the fluids in the transfer case and both diffs. I'm leaning towards Mobile 1 synthetics, pretty sure M1 synthetic ATF is a good Dex III replacement for the tcase, Yes? Next for the diffs, M1 Synthetic LS W75-90 for the rear. What about the front? Will the LS be GTG or should I look at SG Amsoil or something without the modifier. Thanks.

IMG_20200206_180002686.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH, and great looking truck. I've got the longer brother to your truck.

Folks here are super knowledgeable and freely share their experiences and perspectives. They will chime in shortly regarding your question.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just picked up a 2007 Denali 6.2L AWD. Super nice rig! Fixed a misfire code right away thanks to all the posts from you guys. Thanks! My question now is, I want to replace the fluids in the transfer case and both diffs. I'm leaning towards Mobile 1 synthetics, pretty sure M1 synthetic ATF is a good Dex III replacement for the tcase, Yes? Next for the diffs, M1 Synthetic LS W75-90 for the rear. What about the front? Will the LS be GTG or should I look at SG Amsoil or something without the modifier. Thanks.

View attachment 241292

My electronic 2007 Denali owner's manual says the front and rear differentials are specc'd for the same fluid, 75W90 synthetic, never noticed this before. The Borg Warner transfer case is specc'd for manual transmission fluid which is still available, 88861800 or 10-4033, I see the mentions of compatibility with DexIII but why do that when the real thing is available?

For many decades I was a big fan of Mobil's synthetics but not so much anymore. My truck is running better, more efficiently on ACDelco fluids.

Does yours have the heated washer fluid option and is it still operational? Welcome to the forum by the way Robert.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

For gobs of years I have used GM specific fluids in the diffs and transmission and transfer case with no problems. All of that can be had via Amazon with free shipping. Experimenting with other fluids is just that, an experiment that you are unsure of the results till after you have spent the time and money and then waited to see what happened. With the AC Delco fluids you should get the results you expect.

OP
OP
RMBX

RMBX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Thanks for the welcome! The windshield washer delete has been done. The rig looks like it was well cared for, just no history on it. Thanks for the advice on on ACDelco fluids, I'll run with that. Does the rear need LS modifier?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No. The fluid that AC Delco calls for at the rear has any additives it would need already in the fluid. I have a LS in my 2002 and the rear diff fluid is different than the front fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts