New front struts question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
justchecking

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Our front specs are nearly identical it seems!
Yes it looks so. Did you measure while you were sitting in the vehicle? My daughter measured for me with me (200Lb) and ~150Lb other stuff generally on left side of vehicle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it looks so. Did you measure while you were sitting in the vehicle? My daughter measured for me with me (200Lb) and ~150Lb other stuff generally on left side of vehicle.

No, the truck was at curb weight, 5,900 pounds. My kids were nowhere to be found when Dad tried to get them to help measure it! LOL

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman is notoriously poor quality so I wouldn't worry too much that you didn't buy those. Get the OEM parts while you can! GM is discontinuing everything faster than I can buy what I want to have on hand. There is no bearing in these struts and there isn't much to the upper strut mount, I didn't replace the mount on either of my trucks and have no issues but I will probably replace them if I ever take the assemblies apart again for my perfectionism.

The new springs make a MASSIVE difference in the ride quality. New springs raised my 2008 3/4" and raised my old 2012 a full inch. I didn't pay attention to what it did to the 2013 because I did it at the same time as the 2" drop knuckles. I wish I had known GM was going to discontinue the springs or I would have bought an extra set or two to have for down the road, I bought the last two in the country for the 13. My father-in-law told me his 2008 Sierra Denali has been riding bad lately and his front springs are still available, surprisingly, but he's decided to buy my Atomic Fab/Viking coilovers, new leaf springs for the rear, and we'll order the matching Viking shocks for the rear. I can't wait to see how his feels after. I liked the coilovers on mine, but I never got to experience the full setup with the matching rear shocks since I decided that I didn't want to lose the auto leveling air suspension.