New front struts question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New springs will settle after a while.

Yes, that new spring will raise the front 1", but after a few months after it settles it won't

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t sag that fast. Sorry. I replaced mine well over a year ago and the height is still the same.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the springs affect your ride?

OP
OP
justchecking

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I posted my turkey hunting experience on the "What did you do forum.."
Now I need help picking the correct strut. I think my RPO codes are wrong! My codes are 6D6 and 7D5 (see my first post of my RPO codes). That traces to this strut...
2022-05-06 14_52_26-Window.jpg

But I definately have electronic struts. I have the level sensors and also the electrical connector on top of the strut.
IMG_0280.jpg
So what strut and springs do I need?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the catalogs GM Parts Direct and many of the dealers who sell online are made by a third party and are not all inclusive. Those RPO codes are for the springs, not the shocks. There is a reason all of those web sites want your VIN so they can double check with the real GM parts catalog before shipping your parts. You need to have a dealer look it up by the VIN to make sure you're getting the right parts (you could even try calling Flow Auto Center that run GM Parts Direct). There are different shock and spring part numbers for SWB, LWB, wheel size, etc. The aftermarket makes it seem so simple because they make one part and say it fits all but that isn't the case at the factory. That's why those RPO code descriptions say: computer selected suspension component.

OP
OP
justchecking

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks, Doubeleive and 91RS I will do that and follow up when I have the parts.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have Auto Ride, are you wanting to delete that? Unless the shocks are leaking or locked up, there is really no need to change them. Auto and Mag ride shocks don't really wear out like passive shocks do. Change the springs with new OEM springs (if still available) and that will improve the ride quality significantly.
What will new springs do specifically for the ride quality? Will it make it stiffer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094