New fog lights what you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rummel6

Rummel6

Reaction score
I think I may just end up ordering these I like how bright they are. I went with the square ones on my Tahoe because they put out 2k lumens each and was only 40bucks.

E0447F76-934F-451B-9A22-517EA1AA1230.png

DRayson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those are not fog lights, and neither are the round ones you just posted.. that is why people are pissed at you. Because the light shines right in their face.. neither would pass inspection in my state because of this. Fog lights have a cut off line like factory lights do to keep from blinding oncoming traffic

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Those are lights, but not the ones made for driving on public roads. Avoid a potential rage episode, especially if you’ve got a wife or kids in the truck.

The performance is in the reflector, not the bulb. Fogs are engineered to have a saw blade pattern so the light doesn’t reflect back at the driver in the mist. Reflectors to house an led bulb in a fog pattern isn’t here yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
While I concur the lights originally discussed don’t look like they are fog lights, are these at least better than the OEM ones? The OEM on both my 09 Tahoe & 2010 Suburban give me 10 feet or maybe 15 feet of curb light, but that’s it. I felt like the old ones on my 02 Tahoe were better by far.

I’d occasionally use my fog in the old truck but don’t bother anymore. Though I admit I don’t get much actual fog in my part of Washington state to notice if fog lights are doing anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM