New Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neosoul

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently posted this question in another forum and am trying to get some answers. I am replacing my exhaust system going duals, I already have the magnaflow cats kit #23453. I have decided to go with jones exhaust quiet tone dual mufflers, problem is they come in sizes from 18" to 29" inlet/outlet from 1.75 to 3". First question is what size mufflers and in/out should get for my 98 2 door tahoe and why does it matter. Someone please explain this to an automotive noob. Thanks in advance.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
match the exact size you have now. it a long thing to explain but it has an effect on gas scavenging and things of the sort that effect your power output.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a true dual setup 2.5 inch is plenty for your truck, dual 2.5 exhaust into a single 3 inch muffler would probably be the best.

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
Well i went out and measured my muffler and the case alone is 22 inches, talked to the company I'm ordering from and they suggested 2.25 to 2.5. in/out Retorq and Sunlit thanks for the replies, I will be going with the 2.5 in/out dual mufflers to go with my magnaflow high flow cats. For those of you that do have true duals on your 96-99 2 door tahoes how long is the casing on your mufflers. Just curious what people replaced their old muffler with.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan on keeping the 350 in the truck, then the 2.25-2.5 inch pipe will be just fine. I'm planning around a 383 swap in the future, so i went bigger. Mine being 3 inch before the muffler and 3.5 after the muffler. I dont have a true dual setup. But i have the flowmaster 50 series delta flow. I believe it is 17 inches long. It just depends on how loud you want your truck to be. Do you want it to be really loud? if so go with a 40 series from flowmaster. If you want it to be quieter then go with a 70 series. I know some put the magnaflow 22 inch muffler on their trucks, i had that for 3 months and i didnt like it personally. I really like my 50 series though!

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
Yrah I'm going with 2.25 or 2.5 duals mufflers single i/o, I just want to say to those that responded, your advice was appreciated and pretty much inline with what the vendors I contacted recommended. I just needed another opinion to make sure I wasn't being taken for a ride. Thank you all I really enjoy reading this forum, so much knowledge to be absorbed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA