New console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked this up off Ebay, new takeout from a 2010 F150 crewcab. The inside is massive compared to any of the GM consoles I've seen. Also has front and rear cupholders with 12 volt acc. outlet in the back. I painted it with SEM to match the interior.

console1.gif

console3.gif

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My other half has a Ford F150 with that same console. Maybe time to take some measurements and scheme a bit. Tearing the stock console out and replacing it with pretty much *anything* else would be an improvement.

OP
OP
steamroller

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atomic
It's just sitting in there. It's a snug fit and the bottom is flat so I don't think I'm gonna mess with any brackets yet. Mine was originally a split bench so I didn't have anything factory to attach it to.

grnrpr68
Ha yours is gonna be awesome, that's the console I originally wanted but it wasn't tall enough to be used an armrest for me.

TahoeJim
Its a perfect fit for the buckets

branndon_b
Indeed. They can make a song about anything and are one of the greatest bands of all time IMO. :rocking:

sleepr

Reaction score
I'm jealous! Now off to the pick and pull to find one!

Are you going to hook up the 12V power? If so are you going to splice into the existing cig lighter?

Blair

BlkYukon95

Reaction score
I was really jacked up to change my center console, but I have the 4x4 on the floor and couldnt find anything cool.

That is perfect! Can you post more pics of the fitment? I would like to be able to mount it, but was curious to see how flush it is to the floor.

Thanks!

keruzam93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats awesome, time for me to start looking for one of thoes for my truck, cupholders are good because in my opinion only only one cup holder in my hoe actually can hold a drink sturdy....and its right infront of the vent so my drinks get warm haha, and more space is good, another 12v outlet? thats always good. like to know how you mount it too

OP
OP
steamroller

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna run the 12 volt for acc. plug off the switched acc. terminal under the dash. My CB fits in the console and doesn't take up much of the useable space so they'll be wired together, I just gotta make a mounting bracket for the CB.

I'll try and get some more pics up of the fitment this weekend but in the meantime check out the Ebay ad that has better pics of the console itself. You can see how flat the bottom is so it can't really slide around.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-1...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230f596328

Another thread where one was mounted in a NBS truck, his used a different mounting setup but is identical otherwise. The one I have doesn't have the small pockets in the floor, I believe it was meant to be mounted through the sides.
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89454&highlight=console#89454

I ordered mine from that Ebay listing and the color appears to be a close match but once you get it in the truck it's waaay off. There's a pic up in my profile of how off it is. I had to but several different shades of the SEM to find a decent match, but ironically Ford 17063 was the closest for me. They do make the consoles in a grey so it may match a grey interior better than the tan did for me

I'll definitely post some more pics when I get the CB wired and installed though, thanks for the compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts