New cargo area floor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shumif1

Reaction score
I've been searching for a way no make my cargo area more flat when the third row seats are removed. When the seats are removed the tracks in the floor stick up and make it uneven. So I decided to make one myself after not finding anything on the Web . Basically took 2 48"x 44 with a hinge in the middle for when I take it out and store it away and glued outdoor carpet to it. I made some supports on the bottom so it sits even all around. Now when I put a cooler in it it will sit evenly on the floor.

Tahoe3.jpg Tahoe4.jpg

Last edited:

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for a way no make my cargo area more flat when the third row seats are removed. When the seats are removed the tracks in the floor stick up and make it uneven. So I decided to make one myself after not finding anything on the Web . Basically took 2 48"x 42 roughly with a hinge in the middle for when I take it out and store it away and glued outdoor carpet to it. I made some supports on the bottom so it sits even all around. Now when I put a cooler in it it will sit evenly on the floor.

View attachment 256871 View attachment 256872
Awesome job!

YukonYYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is great! Care to share a pic of the levelling supports? Or is it just wood pieces at the right height in the right places?

OP
OP
S

Shumif1

Reaction score
This is great! Care to share a pic of the levelling supports? Or is it just wood pieces at the right height in the right places?
It's just little blocks at the right places, 4 across the front and 2 in the middle . The sides are supported by the seat tracks and rear is supported by the rear body trim step.

OP
OP
S

Shumif1

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of the platform I built for the cargo area, I'm in North/east Jersey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan