New BTR Truck Torque Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATLPPV

Reaction score
One of the next projects I have planned for my 2012 Tahoe is a cam. I've been looking at BTR or Texas Speed cams and saw that BTR has a new Truck Torque cam that sounds interesting.
https://www.briantooleyracing.com/truck-torque-cam-202-202-507-507-111-1-112-icl-41377.html

It's new and I haven't been able to find a single thread, video, mention outside of their site. Does anyone have any feedback on it yet or am I better off sticking to a tried and true like the BTR Truck Stage II etc?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the next projects I have planned for my 2012 Tahoe is a cam. I've been looking at BTR or Texas Speed cams and saw that BTR has a new Truck Torque cam that sounds interesting.
https://www.briantooleyracing.com/truck-torque-cam-202-202-507-507-111-1-112-icl-41377.html

It's new and I haven't been able to find a single thread, video, mention outside of their site. Does anyone have any feedback on it yet or am I better off sticking to a tried and true like the BTR Truck Stage II etc?

I'm in the minority but these "small" cams are all that we need for a street driven truck that tows. Those larger Stage I, II, etc. camshafts move the powerband higher and higher killing bottom end torque.

243 heads don't flow much more once they hit about .500 lift. Sure, you can squeeze out another 10-15 horsepower with increased lift but such comes at the expense of durability.

I have seen a few articles outside of the BTR website but do not think anyone has installed one yet.

After reviewing the data on this cam, admittedly limited, my preference is still for the Crane 1449501, which is not cataloged anymore.

Crane and Cam Motion have similar, low duration cams that are split duration, I like single pattern, if for no other reason that is what my original camshaft is (no VVT) and she sure gets up and goes compared with guys who've had tunes, headers, exhausts, gears, etc.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

While I can't comment on this particular cam, I would be interested to know what BTR claims for power/torque increase with this cam.

Please let us know what they have to say after you contact them.

OP
OP
ATLPPV

ATLPPV

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll update when I find more for sure. A huge cam can sound awesome but for our trucks I really don't want to kill the low end because it's just a daily for me. I'll look into the Crane as well thanks!

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll update when I find more for sure. A huge cam can sound awesome but for our trucks I really don't want to kill the low end because it's just a daily for me. I'll look into the Crane as well thanks!

Interested in this as well.

I am going to building an LSA kit and I should do a cam while I have everything apart. I tow regularly 5k enclosed trailer with two race bikes, tools and camping gear.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Anything new to report Charlie?

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I swapped in the 6.2 Texas Speed sold me on an LS9 cam. I can stand up and holler now but towing isn't good. I need to watch some of these cam threads.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your motor lost about 60 ft lbs of torque with that cam! TSP knows better, shame on them!

I'll take some of the heat for that. I didn't ask much about the cam and didn't tell them much about my needs.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting a BTR stage 2 v2 truck cam in my 2012 6.2 Denali and I love it. It’s a great towing cam. A little more lope at idle than I wanted but I could have that mostly tuned out and just haven’t.

Compared with the stock 6.2 in our ‘07 Denali, I can pull our 6500 lb. camper up the same steep grades in 3rd on our ‘12, but the ‘07 needs to drop down to 2nd to maintain the same speed. Very happy. I can also keep 6th on the highway most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2