New AT Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the tires that are on my 15 Tahoe LTZ with AT tires. The dealer put some cheap all season tires on my truck when I bought it earlier this year. Since I live in Minnesota and we get lots of snow I am looking for some good tires for my rig. I'm thinking of getting one of the following tires as they both have great reviews. Plus these tires look good and aggressive.

BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2
or
GENERAL GRABBER A/TX

Any thoughts or suggestions?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a lot of snow I’d have 2 sets of tires. A set of steelies with Blizzaks for the winter and a set of Michelin Defenders on your regular wheels. This way you get the best of both worlds.

R Black

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the tires that are on my 15 Tahoe LTZ with AT tires. The dealer put some cheap all season tires on my truck when I bought it earlier this year. Since I live in Minnesota and we get lots of snow I am looking for some good tires for my rig. I'm thinking of getting one of the following tires as they both have great reviews. Plus these tires look good and aggressive.

or
GENERAL GRABBER A/TX

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Of the two you listed you can't go wrong with the BF Goodrichs'
Personally I wouldn't by General tires but my memory is long enough to recall the problems General, and other companies like Firestone have had.

I'm a fan of Cooper tires and BF Goodrich.

I wish someone would post the size of tires they are thinking about.
I'm having trouble finding heavier tires for this truck ... 8 ply equivalents, if that's the right measure. Basically tires with max pressures greater than 65psi.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your dropping coin on the BFG...DO NOT over look the TOYO OPEN COUNTY AT3 or AT2...best tires i have ever bought !

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
So leaning more towards the BF Goodrich. I want an AT tire that is good in snow. Lots of good reviews for this tire on Tire Rack.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BFGs are great until they get older, harder, and LOUDER! I have probably another 10k-15k I could get out of a set of 285/70/17s I have on my Silverado but the road noise is abusive and they will be replaced prematurely. I got them when I lived in SD and they did pretty good in the snow but not amazing. I have a set of Falken AT3W (The '3w' stands for winter, wear and weather) on another truck and IMHO they are superior to the BFGs in anything but mud. I have not had them in snow since I live in FL now but I got them because they were highly rated for winter driving and snow performance often translates to sand performance which is what I need now. They do exactly as I hoped in the sand and are quiet, smoother, and had no MPG loss compared to the dedicated street tire they replaced.

Not to mention they are considerably cheaper than the KO2s.

ThomasD22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put some Continental TerrainContact A/Ts on my 2016 LT. I only have a few hundred miles on them, but the are incredible so far. I’m on road 90% of the time so choosing these tires was a no brainer. Check out the “campus automotive” YouTube channel, he does tire reviews and has a lot of good things to say about the Continentals. Also went with the 275/60r20 instead of the stock 275/55r20. I have a stock 2wd suspension and no rubbing issues to report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313