New Amp - New Buzz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northern Indiana, the land of annoying lepreachons
I finally put a new amp in my Yukon and have music coming out of all 4 speakers.

The new problem is a buzz that comes and goes and I'm not sure why. I DO know that when it shows up I can usually clear it up by turning on the driving lights. Weird.

My guess is that it has soe thing to do with the aux audio module that pipes DVD and other audio through the stereo. It's suspect because it doesn't operate properly. It looses audio from the same side from time to time.

OP
OP
yargnits

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new factory amp or aftermarket amp

factory Bose amp. the old one had a constant buzz at the front left that caused me to disconnect that corner.

I should clarify that this is actually closer to an alternator whine so a grounding problem might me the cause. But how would powering the driving lights cure a grounding problem in the radio?

First I'll remove the PAC (or whatever) module and see if it stays away. It'll be a couple days before I'll be able to do that so I'll check if flipping any other items on and off stops the whine.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious as to why you need a pac module if you are using a factory amp and you could try to reground the amp or just and another ground and see if that helps

OP
OP
yargnits

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious as to why you need a pac module if you are using a factory amp and you could try to reground the amp or just and another ground and see if that helps

The PAC module is for the Alpine DVD player in back for the kids. I also have a mini-plug for my iphone (or whatever).

This truck was (is) set up for all kinda stuff. It had a sat dish on it but I sold it due to lack of use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HSK76