New 99' Owner from Maine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skooter65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 99' over the weekend and figured it was about time to get up to speed. 141,000 Miles; excellent condition inside and out; surprising for a vehicle from the Northeast.

I look forward to learning the "good" and the "bad" of my purchase.

Pictures for your viewing pleasure (More to come!!)

1999_Chevy_Tahoe003.jpg

1999_Chevy_Tahoe033.jpg

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

IF I can ever be of any assistance, feel free to let me know...

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
What are your plans for the truck?

OP
OP
S

skooter65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome from scarborough!!

Thank you sir; nice to see some locals!

Welcome to the neighborhood!

IF I can ever be of any assistance, feel free to let me know...

I appreciate the offer. I am still trying to get my bearing about the ins & outs. I just learned why the rear AC was blocked, and likely why I have a slow coolant leak (Appears to be the intake gasket)

Welcome to the site

Thank You!

Welcome to the forum.
What are your plans for the truck?

At this point it is just going to be a matter of getting everything up to spec (Thorough review of the typical repair points including brakes, bearings, coolant leak, etc...) Once that is squared away; I will have to see where teh funds can take me!

OP
OP
S

skooter65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick update: About 10 months into ownership and I must say; I really like it so far. Updates/Fixes up to this point include:

-Lower intake Gasket. Took me about 2-days to get everything squared away. I wouldn't call the fix "difficult" so to speak; more tedious than anything. I am a bit retentive when it come to cleaning components and having everything just right.

-Rear brake line (Main line running down the frame rail). This was a pain in the ass...mostly due to the fact that I was doing everything in my driveway in the middle of winter. Dropping the tank was fairly simple. Breaking the fuel pump supply line nipple was frustrating (Cold weather, plastic, confined spaces, and force do not mix).

-Fuel pump. Please see above. At the end of the day, it was probably ready for replacement. Also, the tank lock ring was essentially disintegrated..What a bear that was. The tank had a good amount of debris that needed to be removed as well..have some decent tricks for removing rust/dirt from the tank if anyone is interested.

-Front pads and rotors.

-Fresh set of Cooper Discoverer HTP's

There is more to be done: Rear Brakes, Transfer Case Rear Output Seal, Differential Cover Gasket, ABS Sensor cleaning, and so-on.

....Save that stuff for the warmer weather, hopefully :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84

Latest posts