New '23 LS bare bones&and some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPace500

Reaction score
I have 2 "burrs," one on each side of the front fender right behind the headlights. I have 2 more on top of the car, behind the pano moonroof

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work in the paint shop at the Jeep Grand Cherokee plant for Stellantis in Detroit. Sometimes the jackets on the paint robots will drip paint on to the roof of the vehicles even though they are changed several times during the day because they are wet. By the time it is noticed the car has gone thru clear coat and the final ovens. Usually the flaws are caught and corrected but I'm sure some paint colors hide the flaws better than others.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 LS with one option (integrated trailer brakes) in summer 22, it took less than two months to be delivered. Cost 58k out the door. Have over 15k miles on it now, it's been working pretty well. I put a reminder (Stick-it note) near the shifter to remind me to push the Auto start button as soon as I start the engine every time I drive it. That's the only annoyance.

The bare bones Tahoe is all I need....and now that I've used it a while, for what it was made for, it's gotten a few small chips, scrapes, and scuffs inside and out, and it's just another used car. I don't have to worry about imperfections in the paint, etc. I just drive it.

And I've never washed the roof, since I can't reach it, and no one can see it.

Enjoy your ride!

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on the top of the tailgate on the edge. It's definitely an imperfection. This photo doesn't show the depth, but you can tell the edge isn't smooth.
View attachment 409458
Our Yukon has several imperfections on the tailgate spoiler, I cant see them normally so I don't really stress to much as its plastic and will not corrode.

OP
OP
thegrunter

thegrunter

Reaction score
I notice the sound when I open a door, so it's probably the Fuel Pump. That makes sense.
This buzzing happened when I shut the tailgate. The tailgate was already open and when I shut it, I heard a buzzing. I don't think it's a fuel pump now. The Tahoe doesn't have ride height air bags adjust, so it can't be that.... Or does it? It's a barebone LS, so I don't think there is a ride height adjust unless it was mistakenly installed and there is no knobs on the dash. I guess I need to look underneath, but I have no idea what it should and shouldn't look like. This is a boggle moment for me now.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This buzzing happened when I shut the tailgate. The tailgate was already open and when I shut it, I heard a buzzing. I don't think it's a fuel pump now. The Tahoe doesn't have ride height air bags adjust, so it can't be that.... Or does it? It's a barebone LS, so I don't think there is a ride height adjust unless it was mistakenly installed and there is no knobs on the dash. I guess I need to look underneath, but I have no idea what it should and shouldn't look like. This is a boggle moment for me now.
Is the air ride even an option with the ls trim? Lots of high countrys dont even have it.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a pump in the transmission. Crawl under it and put your head right next to the pan. You’ll hear the pump run and the sound of fluid draining back to the pan. Happens no matter which door you open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia