New '23 LS bare bones&and some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thegrunter

thegrunter

Reaction score
Question: When I open a door, I hear a buzzing. I don't have the air bags, so the Tahoe is not rising or lowering. That is what I thought it was until I found out the air bags are optional. It doesn't happen every time I open a door. It seems to happen on the first opening in the morning. Could it be the fuel pump?

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: When I open a door, I hear a buzzing. I don't have the air bags, so the Tahoe is not rising or lowering. That is what I thought it was until I found out the air bags are optional. It doesn't happen every time I open a door. It seems to happen on the first opening in the morning. Could it be the fuel pump?
Yes, its fuel pump

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be the fuel pump. But only if the key is on. If the buzzing is occurring with key off, then it is not the fuel pump.
on new cars with keyless start, usually the fuel pump pumps up when the car feels that the key is in range, i.e. when the driver approaches the car with the key. For some, it happens when the door opens. Because the driver's next action is to press the Start button. At this point, the fuel pump should already be at operating pressure.

OP
OP
thegrunter

thegrunter

Reaction score
on new cars with keyless start, usually the fuel pump pumps up when the car feels that the key is in range, i.e. when the driver approaches the car with the key. For some, it happens when the door opens. Because the driver's next action is to press the Start button. At this point, the fuel pump should already be at operating pressure.
I notice the sound when I open a door, so it's probably the Fuel Pump. That makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dela