New '23 LS bare bones&and some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thegrunter

thegrunter

Reaction score
How much did you pay for the vehicle?
The lemon law is supposed to give you all your money back from the Blazer minus a usage fee called the Song Beverly Act. GM told me they wouldn't charge me a usage fee and give me a full refund including tax, license, registration, etc OR allow me to shop at the GM "Wholesale Store" which basically is build a vehicle and they would cover tax, license, registration, etc. If I choose another Blazer, chances are I would get back some cash with a new blazer. I didn't want a front wheel drive again, so I built a Tahoe. It took a while to get an out of pocket cost. The Tahoe was built and delivered to the host dealership by the time I got my "Offer". They didn't give me a breakdown of the offer. They just said $19.6K Non Negotiable and I had 5 days to accept. My Blazer was $43.5K out the door, so the Tahoe would be out of my pocket $63K out the door. I accepted the offer. When I signed the contract, I finally saw the breakdown and they only gave me $41K for the Blazer which means they did deduct a usage fee, so the out the door cost for the Tahoe would be closer to $61K. I think I got it for about 5K less and that doesn't include a potential dealer market-demand mark-up of 5K on the 5.3L and 10K on the 6.2L. So far, I'm happy with the deal I got. I just am leery about the 10 Speed tranny. I bought an extended warranty for 3K. Since I don't drive much, I got the 15 year or 75K Miles bumper to bumper. So, if the tranny breaks, they cover it.

OP
OP
thegrunter

thegrunter

Reaction score
Nice rig. Great outcome for a lemon-problem. Lemonade, right?

Is there a workaround for the idle-stop? Best feature in DW’s Acura MDX is a push-button override.
There is a button to stop the "Auto Stop". I had that on the Blazer too. I got into the habit each start is a two button process. Start and Auto Start Stop.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on new cars with keyless start, usually the fuel pump pumps up when the car feels that the key is in range, i.e. when the driver approaches the car with the key. For some, it happens when the door opens. Because the driver's next action is to press the Start button. At this point, the fuel pump should already be at operating pressure.
Dang it I'm so outdated. I need to stay out of the "anything newer than 2009" section I guess.
I own (8) vehicles, all 2009 and older. Only (4) have fuel injection with electric fuel pumps.
The rest are carbureted with mechanical fuel pumps.
But makes perfect sense what you said @Vladimir2306, and I can easily agree with that.
@thegrunter, I apologize for any confusion here...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lemon law is supposed to give you all your money back from the Blazer minus a usage fee called the Song Beverly Act. GM told me they wouldn't charge me a usage fee and give me a full refund including tax, license, registration, etc OR allow me to shop at the GM "Wholesale Store" which basically is build a vehicle and they would cover tax, license, registration, etc. If I choose another Blazer, chances are I would get back some cash with a new blazer. I didn't want a front wheel drive again, so I built a Tahoe. It took a while to get an out of pocket cost. The Tahoe was built and delivered to the host dealership by the time I got my "Offer". They didn't give me a breakdown of the offer. They just said $19.6K Non Negotiable and I had 5 days to accept. My Blazer was $43.5K out the door, so the Tahoe would be out of my pocket $63K out the door. I accepted the offer. When I signed the contract, I finally saw the breakdown and they only gave me $41K for the Blazer which means they did deduct a usage fee, so the out the door cost for the Tahoe would be closer to $61K. I think I got it for about 5K less and that doesn't include a potential dealer market-demand mark-up of 5K on the 5.3L and 10K on the 6.2L. So far, I'm happy with the deal I got. I just am leery about the 10 Speed tranny. I bought an extended warranty for 3K. Since I don't drive much, I got the 15 year or 75K Miles bumper to bumper. So, if the tranny breaks, they cover it.
To all accounts, the 10L80 in these rigs has been way more reliable than the 8L80 that preceded it in the Silverados...I wouldn't worry about the transmission much...just keep up on the fluid changes (follow the SEVERE maintenance schedule).

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it I'm so outdated. I need to stay out of the "anything newer than 2009" section I guess.
I own (8) vehicles, all 2009 and older. Only (4) have fuel injection with electric fuel pumps.
The rest are carbureted with mechanical fuel pumps.
But makes perfect sense what you said @Vladimir2306, and I can easily agree with that.
@thegrunter, I apologize for any confusion here...
No problem)) we are here for this and we will be here to exchange experiences and learn new things)))

OP
OP
thegrunter

thegrunter

Reaction score
Had to get a tool to wash the top. It allowed me to get a good look at the top. I noticed some imperfections in some of the edges where I suspect the paint can chip off and exposed rust. It's like a drip of paint or primer hardened on the edge creating a noticeable bump. I plan to bring it in to GM for a 500 mile tranny fluid change. Don't want the issue with lube in the tranny that lemon lawed my '21 Blazer. I will show them these paint imperfections. Not sure if they can do anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20230921_094854793.jpg
    IMG_20230921_094854793.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 8

GTPace500

Reaction score
Had to get a tool to wash the top. It allowed me to get a good look at the top. I noticed some imperfections in some of the edges where I suspect the paint can chip off and exposed rust. It's like a drip of paint or primer hardened on the edge creating a noticeable bump. I plan to bring it in to GM for a 500 mile tranny fluid change. Don't want the issue with lube in the tranny that lemon lawed my '21 Blazer. I will show them these paint imperfections. Not sure if they can do anything.

Favored by a lot of detailers that work on larger cars/trucks. Use a 2-bucket method and make sure to rinse/foam/rinse beforehand. I have paint burrs/imperfections on the roof too. It's a product of ******/fast spray jobs at the factory to pump out these SUVs more quickly. IMO, it's not worth it to pursue an action on GMs part.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the bumps? Along the wheel well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21