new 22s!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
well i just purchased my first mod for the yukon got some 22 inch u2-55 with tires that have a summer or two left on them got em for $460!

the bad: chrome is flaking bad on one and the others are pretty decent looking i wanna do like a gunmetal color on them i think that would look good on my pewter yukon anyone have experience with this and if it can be done fairly easy? im gonna slap them on for now since its winterish and they are messed up anyways but in a month or two i wanna get them lookin good no pics yet but ill get some tomorrow

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry out a lot of aftermarket automotive and motorcycle work on the side as I was in the custom sportbike business (chrome, paint, powder, performance) for quite some time.

Stripping and single color Powdering a set of 22" wheels generally runs 450-600 on average depending on region as long as there is no rash repair needed. Do you have a powder guy local to you. I'd pop in with the worst wheel and just get a quote.

Be sure to get a few references and ask around locally about them, in this economy there's plenty of people trying to make a quick buck and not offering the customer service, warranty, and backing on their work.

This is a pic of my car which is good advertisement for me obviously, but an example of what can be done with stellar work.

2352800391_275ae03864_b.jpg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gunmetal would be a unique look for those rims. Most everyone that has them have em in chrome, i think chrome would look good on your color yukon. i got my set of 24's powdercoated for 100 bucks a rim.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ya i think it could look good in gunmetal but i really dont know.. maybe ill have to photoshop it first to see heres pics of the test fit just need to get the right lug nuts to drive on them..

l_9578ba934f184af288a823760333b463.png

l_1f67aad31c824e50a74dad97bc2e24ba.png

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes those rims in gun mettle would look amazing. while your at it see if you cant get the chrome on the your badges gun mettle too and take the "youkon" badge off in my opinion and that would look sick as hell

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
i plan on debadging and taking off the side molding all together those were cell phone pics so it doesnt show but the chrome has some discoloration and i just dont like the molding at all so its coming off then a gunmetal rim would look sick imo and sets apart my wheels from the million other U2s out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr