New 2023 Tahoe--Need reco on Add on CD Player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ssge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just got them2023 Tahoe because our 1997 Yukon with 260K miles committed suicide in the street in front of our house when we went to take it to the dealer to get the new Tahoe. There is no CD player on the New Tahoe. Does anyone have a suggestion on an Add On CD player. We have been road tripping for 25 years and there is a little collection of CDs that we can't road trip without. I fear it will be bad juju to not travel with them. We have taken 1 quick road trip without them and we fought the whole time. Please give us some advice and save our marriage!
THX!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from Colorful Colorado!

Can't you RIP the CDs to a USB flash drive and use that in the USB port?

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I too can't remember the last time I played a cd - all our music has been ripped and now totally digital. I have a USB plug in in my glovebox.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe post-2021 cannot play media off USB; a major downfall of 2022 and later, especially if you have the rear entertainment system. Asinine decision on the part of GM or Google who designed the system.

You could rip them and play them off your phone via Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why in the world would they eliminate the ability to play music from a USB port or some sort of jack?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe post-2021 cannot play media off USB; a major downfall of 2022 and later, especially if you have the rear entertainment system. Asinine decision on the part of GM or Google who designed the system.

You could rip them and play them off your phone via Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
You can play off USB, no problem.
The issue is if you have too much on one USB, the list shown on the infotainment is limited to (in theory) keep you from scrolling so much that you get distracted.

Net, there is no way to hook up a CD player in these vehicles.
Suggest either:
1) Rip the CD's and save them to a USB, that you leave permanently plugged in to the vehicle.
OR
2) If you have an Apple or Android phone, rip the CD's and save them on your phone (or if you have a music service subscription like Apple Music or Google Play, just download them), then use Android Auto or Apple Car play to access these albums.

You will quickly come to enjoy not having to eject and install cd's into the dash.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...the list shown on the infotainment is limited to (in theory) keep you from scrolling so much that you get distracted.

AHHH, NOW I see why when I scroll down on my Pandora list not all my favorites are shown; a "safety" feature.

JStrause2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody find a CD player that works with the 2023? I have a 2023 Yukon XL Denali. I tried one of the USB CD players from Amazon, but the Yukon would not recognize the device.

Don't want a debate on those who still prefer physical media, just trying to see if anyone out there has found a CD player that works with our rigs.

Timberone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 23 Yukon Ultimate in October. While I mostly like the vehicle, I find the electronics pathetic. Since owning the vehicle, my wife hangs a ipad over the screen with a rubber band so our 3 year old can watch a video. I too have been trying to figure out a way to play videos on the “big” screen. You cant control the menu from the front so you cant use hulu to put on a show for my 3 year old. I guess yhe engineers dont want you looking at the front screen, but its more more distracting trying to see whats going on the back screen.

Amazon has some mini DVD players I was looking at so I can load a movie from the front seat… like it used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia