new 2012 Yukon SLT owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man..yeah...I'm pretty honest when it comes to cars...gm did a great job with their interiors with the last refresh...compared to the previous gen models..but it is an older design now...I'm fine with that...it's like computers..you can never really keep up with the latest thing as something new is always around the corner... The ford did look great..but my gmc looks cooler on the outside...so take the good with the bad.

Regarding the upgrade your mentioning....I'm not the most mechanically inclined...I gotta pay for my services (unfortunately)..is this a dealer upgrade..or aftermarket? I tried the window thing tonight, and that's absolutely the case..when I press both windows up the inside and outside lights dim. So I would seriously consider doing this upgrade if it's not something that's too pricey.

Speaking of weather tech...I had a bad experience with them tonight and I feel compelled to share with you guys. I bought those side window deflectors/visors from weathertech and while the receipt said 07 later Yukon models, the plastic on the visors said 01-06...and they were so obviously the wrong part. When I called the woman on the phone asked me what the part number was and I told her..both numbers ( on the receipt and on the plastic) were the same...but they were different parts. She didn't want to hear it. So I said I just wanted to return them...but now they're making me pay for the shipping. Now it's not my fault their system is incorrect..I shouldn't have to cover this cost. In any event, I took a bunch of pictures, and I'm going to send this to them...I got an RNA number..but like I said...they should be covering the shipping when it's their mistake, don't you think?
Anyway...thought I would share.

Thanks do much for the suggestions and replies. I really appreciate it..great message board!

Todd

The modifications are aftermarket. If you went to the dealership and asked about them they would be confused.
I would also recommend against doing the mods by yourself since you're not mechanically inclined. I think your best bet is to get an overdrive pulley from BlackBear Performance (a vendor on this forum), and then take it to a local car audio or custom car shop and have them install it along with a BIG 3 wiring upgrade. They should know how to do the BIG 3 upgrade and install the pulley.
Doing it like this will cost you about $150-$200 max in the end.

As for the Weathertech issue, I would argue with them and try to get them to pay for shipping of a new correct part, and pay for shipping back to them for the incorrect part. If you paid them with PayPal you can also file a claim against them. If they completely messed your order up like that they should fix it.
I also use to have those in-channel vent visors. I recommend you get the ones from a company called Wade. They look good and mine was $55 for the set on Ebay.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooo0 ... I'm interested in the Big 3 and pulley upgrade as well.

Let me know if that works well for you Todd.

OP
OP
V

veniculum

Reaction score
The modifications are aftermarket. If you went to the dealership and asked about them they would be confused.
I would also recommend against doing the mods by yourself since you're not mechanically inclined. I think your best bet is to get an overdrive pulley from BlackBear Performance (a vendor on this forum), and then take it to a local car audio or custom car shop and have them install it along with a BIG 3 wiring upgrade. They should know how to do the BIG 3 upgrade and install the pulley.
Doing it like this will cost you about $150-$200 max in the end.

As for the Weathertech issue, I would argue with them and try to get them to pay for shipping of a new correct part, and pay for shipping back to them for the incorrect part. If you paid them with PayPal you can also file a claim against them. If they completely messed your order up like that they should fix it.
I also use to have those in-channel vent visors. I recommend you get the ones from a company called Wade. They look good and mine was $55 for the set on Ebay.

Thanks man....seems like a small price to pay...one last question (I promise)...any warranty issues with this upgrade? You know how the car companies can be when you start playing with aftermarket anything...and you know...if I had 30k miles on it I wouldn't be too concerned...but I only have about 300 :;
Thanks again man..very helpful stuff!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
There will not be any warranty issues with those two mods. Dealerships have to be able to prove that an aftermarket modification caused failure to a component of the car to be able to refuse warranty work. Most dealerships can't prove so because most mods will not cause issues if done/installed properly. I have a pretty customized Tahoe and when I go to the dealer I get more compliments than refusal on warranty work (my GMPP extended guard expires in September this year).
In the event you do have issues with your alt. after doing the above two mods, take it to whoever installed it and see if it can be fixed first. Do not take it to the dealer. If they can't resolve the issues, have them reinstall the stock components, then take your trip to the dealer.
They will never know anything aftermarket was even on there.:hands:
But there is a very slim chance you will have issue with those simple mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse