New 2 door owner with small issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seattle Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys and hoping you can help a new guy out. I bought a 98 2 door and neither of the power seats work. The bolster works on driver side but none of the seat adjustments work and neither of the heated seats work either. Any clues?

Also looking to add the Q logic barn door boxes. Does anyone have them or know how they sound? Here is my 2 door. I just put the wheels and tires on

Attachments

• 20150212_113555.jpg
    20150212_113555.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150212_113617.jpg
    20150212_113617.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 8

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
Do the motors try to move? Can you hear any clicking? Or are is there nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Seattle Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jason. The motors make no noise what so ever. No light on the heated seat switches and the motors act as if they are not connected. All fuses are plugged in and and good. The connectors under the seat are fine as well

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I never like to assume the part/motor is bad unless you've ruled everything else out, so a few questions to ask/things to try:

1) Did you pull the fuses to inspect them or did you test them electrically? Sometimes, even though they may look alright physically, the filament could still be blown. I'd put a DMM on it and do a continuity test to make 100% sure, and I'd check all the fuses on the dashboard fuse box while you're at it.

2) If possible, maybe trace the wiring coming from the seats (under the carpet) to verify that the wires weren't snipped by a previous owner (for whatever reason, you never know).

3) Pull the switch bezel on the side of the seat to ensure that the connections haven't simply come loose.

4) Worst case scenario may be a faulty BCM, through which the seat controls would route through...very rare in my opinion, particularly when everything else in the vehicle works, but something to consider if you run out of options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas