Neoprene seat covers - now or later?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khigh

Reaction score
I have awesome two tone leather seats in my 2K Z71, and they're in great shape, considering, but they're 15 years old. there are some little "wrinkles/age softening" that are almost certainly going to open up eventually. And I'm not exactly a 100 pounder getting in and out.

Anyone familiar with neoprene seat covers?

I was thinking about being a little proactive - putting on neoprene for day to day, and then taking them off to class things up a bit while the leather's still good. Are they pretty easy off and on like that?

Or is it more of a "wait til they rip then cover them up for good until I come up with $800-$1000 to have the originals redone"?

LWdo0hJ.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If you hide the oem stuff you may forget to do it later. If neoprene is hard to slide around on then i would personally not them on. It would get frustrating trying to move around on those things.

Monkeyman

Reaction score
Neoprene seat covers like Wet Okole have the "sticky" side towards the seat. The part towards your body is fabric. You slide around just fine. They're a stretch fit so there's no way I'd plan on installing/removing them on a regular basis. Assuming the problem is on the seat (as opposed to the back), you can get an OEM style base for about $200. If it were me, I'd put seat covers on now to try and save the OEM covers as long as possible then buy new seat covers when you can.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
i had cover kings on my old truck. they where comfortable but i would never want to take them on and off very often. they are made to fit and take some time to install/remove

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076