Neither Key Fobs are Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylers_Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Neither of my key fobs are Working and now the only way to unlock my car is by using the mechanical key. I've heard of this happening before and they say you have to disconnect something for like 10 seconds or so but the problem is I don't know where this is located or what's it is labeled as can anybody help somebody.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect your positive battery cable for a few minutes. Always works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try your DSM fuse in the panel by the driver side of the Dash.
Simply Pull it and put it back in. I have to do this about 2 times a year.

The issue is not that uncommon and may be the RCDLR ( remote control door lock receiver) going into sleep mode. Don't need to disconnect the battery as this will reset the RCDLR. I average about 6-7 months of flawless working after doing this with the most recent being about a year before having had to do it again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tylers_Hoe

Tylers_Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try your DSM fuse in the panel by the driver side of the Dash.
Simply Pull it and put it back in. I have to do this about 2 times a year.

The issue is not that uncommon and may be the RCDLR ( remote control door lock receiver) going into sleep mode. Don't need to disconnect the battery as this will reset the RCDLR. I average about 6-7 months of flawless working after doing this with the most recent being about a year before having had to do it again.

Actually my battery died twice on me in one day luckily this was at my house when it happened and not out in public but I also realized that since the car as not given a jump until maybe and hour later
(Nobody was home except me)
That the key was now working and I and now able to relearn my tire positions and my key fobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk