Key fobs not working 2007 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srxgreg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali the key fobs stopped working I have changed the battery in the fobs and reprogramed the fobs still nothing. I also disconnected the positive side of the battery for 10 min, it didn't help. one thing I did notice was that if I put the key in the drivers door and turn to the lock position twice it won't lock the other doors but if I turn to unlock twice it will try to unlock all the doors. the lock switch on the drivers door works fine and will lock and unlock all the doors.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way I know to properly diagnose this is with a Tech2 or equivalent that can read all vehicle modules. But if you want to parts cannon the thing there is a module that's a likely culprit:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Not sure if you've got all the info to program the keys / locks correctly. Once you go into the DIC menu to program a new key, all the keys have to be programed at the same time when you're in the menu or only one key will work. I know you're only concerned with the fobs right now though.

Verify that you did not install the battery upside down. YouTube is your friend.

This applies to the 07-10 trucks only. 2011 and up need a locksmith cheat tool, a kit that comes with a blank key and a one-time cheat tool, a Tech2 or have the AutoSync OBD product installed in the truck which allows you to add keys like the 07-09 trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent