negotiating sale price with post bail-out GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest Elizabeth, I think it might be time for me to join a Corvette forum. :Big Laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

The thing is, black car, black interior, in the summer with business attire, A/C'd seats might be kinda nice.

Elizabeth is correct. They are real different vehicles. I have 3 GM cars, an 07 Impala SS, on 08 Vette and an 09 Denali XL AWD (my wife's). The SS is my daily driver. I'm hoping Chevy comes out with an AWD Impala soon. Camaro or other RWD is not an option for me due to the winters.

You can't go wrong with a Tahoe or its siblings provided you are not looking for a gas mizer.

A good Corvette forum is corvetteforum.com. I'm the same ID over there.

We just took a real long trip in our Denali (5400 miles) and it was fantastic. Rides more comfortable than most sedans out there. Impala is a real good cruiser also although I don't trust it as much (some problems here and there). C6 is of course my favorite. 26-30mpg at 80mph plus 4 sec 0-60 performance. And it is comfortable especially with the F55 select ride.

samgvb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a couple of dealers down to right around $50K for 2011 4x4 with Sun/Rear Entertain.

monica

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like the automotive industry is now having a bit of problem. General Motors turned in a record first half for earnings this year at $6.3 billion. However, as reported by CEO Dan Akerson, regardless of the best half the automotive has had in over 20 years, it wasn't good enough. GM cutbacks will quickly follow. Here is the proof: Despite record first-half profit, GM plans major cuts

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By far the best way to get the best price for a vehicle/truck is the following, and it does not involve the dealership ... you need 3 things:

1. Cash
2 A friend who has a dealer license
3. Dealer only auctions in your region.

You need to drive with a 'dealer' to a dealer only auction. The ones around here have hundreds if not thousands of cars/trucks when they take place. They have pretty much every vehicle imaginable on those, often times close to brand new. The auctioneers are incredibly well organized with everything you need right there. And you are bidding against dealers only who will only purchase vehicles at a price point which allows for profit margin. Heck, last time I went to one with a mate who wanted a truck, he bought an 09 RR Sport Supercharged with 18k miles for $31k, gave our dealer buddy $300 tip, and $300 for a flatbed standing by to to take it to his house.

This is really the only consistent way to achieve significant savings, everything else available to the consumer is either in the form of factory incentives and a couple of hundred bucks play with the dealer's profit margin.
WOW, I haven't ever seen THAT big of a deal at an auction. Can't believe it....he could potentially make $20k+ on that RR! This is what I did though, picked up my completely loaded 08 LTZ w/ 26k miles for $28k! This is exactly what gets you the best deals!!