negotiating sale price with post bail-out GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hardly ever find any of the NNBS rides that aren't two tone :shrug: Mine's tan leather with black on the dash and upper part of the door panels.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am speaking of the seats being two colors.

Wanna see a real ugly combination? Look at the black and white leather seats in this Tahoe!

Chevrolet calls it "Ebony/Light Cashmere".

http://www.hymanbrosauto.com/web/used/Chevrolet-Tahoe-2007-Newport-News-Virginia/658676/

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

And here's a black Tahoe with the black/white seating."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...64bQQitemZ400218973771QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

019_0019.jpg

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotcha....mine are just solid tan. When we had the 99 Denali the seats were two tone but it was different shades of gray so there wasn't a large contrast.

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the two tone seats was only on the LTZ models.

samgvb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43237769/ns/business-autos/t/us-auto-sales-cooled-may/

Deals aren't likely to come back until the end of this summer. Some experts are advising people to delay their purchases if they can.

"If you don't have to buy, wait until fall. If you lease a car, extend it," said Edmunds.com chief Jeremy Anwyl.

General Motors Corp. sales dropped 1.2 percent, as falling pickup truck sales offset strong sales of more fuel-efficient cars and crossovers. It was the same story at Ford Motor Co., which saw sales fall 2.4 percent for the month. Pickup sales dropped more than 10 percent at both companies.

Tahoenator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope ...

On June 10, 2009, Chrysler Group LLC emerged from a Chapter 11 reorganization bankruptcy and was sold to the Italian automaker Fiat.[4][5] Fiat holds a 46% stake in the new company, with an option to increase its stake up to 51%, if it meets financial and developmental goals for the company

In 1998, Chrysler and its subsidiaries entered into a partnership dubbed a "merger of equals" with German-based Daimler-Benz AG, creating the combined entity DaimlerChrysler AG.[17] Daimler subsequently acquired Chrysler, to the surprise of many stockholders, after the retirement of Chrysler CEO Bob Eaton. Under DaimlerChrysler, the company was named DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC, with its US operations generally called the "Chrysler Group". On May 14, 2007, DaimlerChrysler announced the sale of 80.1% of Chrysler Group to American private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., therefore being known as Chrysler LLC, although Daimler (renamed as Daimler AG) continued to hold a 19.9% stake.[18] The deal was finalized on August 3, 2007.[19] On April 27, 2009, Daimler AG signed a binding agreement to give up its 19.9% remaining stake in Chrysler LLC to Cerberus Capital Management and pay as much as $600 million into the automaker's pension fund.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler

The current ownership is irrelevant to the original point, that the 2011 Durangos and Cherokees are, in fact, largely based on the Mercedes M Class.

My point about "Ford/GM/Chrysler sucks/rules" remains as well, pretty dumb. All car manufacturers have good/bad years/models. I've read about autoride in here, for instance...

Anyway, the blue Denali looks nice.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The current ownership is irrelevant to the original point, that the 2011 Durangos and Cherokees are, in fact, largely based on the Mercedes M Class.

Well to be precise, you said:

"Agreed that Chrysler had issues in the past (and my current Wrangler was poorly engineered, IMO), but they are now owned by Mercedes."

Simply put, and notwithstanding the intent of your point, that is incorrect.

You further stated:

"The 2011 Durangos (and Grand Cherokees) are now based on the Mercedes M series ..."

That is quasi-correct, hence why I didn't dispute it. My understanding is that it's based on the GL platform, but that's neither here or there.

I don't disagree with the premise of your opinion, my post was singularly aimed at correcting one erroneous element ... namely that Chrysler are in fact now not owned by Mercedes. :waytogo:

samgvb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know when the new incentives are coming and what they may be?