Need Some Verification On Some Tubular Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found these instead of dropping 500 or so on some Kryptonite Uppers.These look identical to the cognito control arms.I wanted to be sure before ordering them but im sure they will work Tubular Uppers
s-l1600.jpg

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used that specific set, but I have used a couple sets of eBay upper control arms and been very pleased with them. I have a set on my '07 Silverado as well as a set on my '02 2500 Silverado.

OP
OP
AlejandroDinero

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used that specific set, but I have used a couple sets of eBay upper control arms and been very pleased with them. I have a set on my '07 Silverado as well as a set on my '02 2500 Silverado.
I should have been more specific with my question but on the site when i do a fitment check it says no and they say in their description this..

Application
1999-2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD MUST BE CLASSIC BODY STYLE
1999-2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD MUST BE CLASSIC BODY STYLE

Note: Fit for 4WD ONLY

And i know the uppers are a direct swap with any other kit so yeah the on reason i ask is the company listings description threw me off but i know they will work just wanted some assurance from yall honestly.​

OP
OP
AlejandroDinero

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, no sweat. They'll fit just perfect.
Thanks Again Bro For The Reassurance Ordering Them At End Of The Week Along With Dirt King Fabs Alignment Kit! I Love That You Cant Set The Alignment And Hold It In Place 82d4-d2e1948e1dfb.__CR74,0,872,872_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg Cant Wait For All That To Get Here And So I Can Use My New M12 Fuel 3/8 Impact That I Just Had To Get For This Install....Or So I Told Myself

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Milwaukee stuff is pretty solid. I bought into the yellow batteries years ago, but for a long time I think the Milwaukee was actually better stuff.

Really interesting cam plates there. Curious to hear how close the alignment can get since they're segmented like that.

OP
OP
AlejandroDinero

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Milwaukee stuff is pretty solid. I bought into the yellow batteries years ago, but for a long time I think the Milwaukee was actually better stuff.

Really interesting cam plates there. Curious to hear how close the alignment can get since they're segmented like that.
My fathers a yellow cult member as well and ive come to realize its all personal preference and depends on your trade which my be better. i do plumbing and a lot of people i work with have milwaukee as well so works out if need battery or anything. Dewalt has some really nice stuff out my father has their version of the M12 and i like the batteries looks and its a little more powerful stuff. But yeah i dont really understand the whole aligment thing or how to do the alignment on a vehicle but from what ive researched ive found they wook extremely well for people and hold the alignment pretty much dead on so why not try them

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've primarily been an electrician and Milwaukee has been big in those circles as well, but I started around carpenters which is when I bought into DeWalt. Haven't tried the 12v in either brand. I'd like to, but every time I buy a tool I get the Tim Taylor mentality.... "More Powah!", so 20v it has been. Haha

That's good to hear on the cam plates. Definitely worth a shot.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My fathers a yellow cult member as well and ive come to realize its all personal preference and depends on your trade which my be better. i do plumbing and a lot of people i work with have milwaukee as well so works out if need battery or anything. Dewalt has some really nice stuff out my father has their version of the M12 and i like the batteries looks and its a little more powerful stuff. But yeah i dont really understand the whole aligment thing or how to do the alignment on a vehicle but from what ive researched ive found they wook extremely well for people and hold the alignment pretty much dead on so why not try them
I’ve had 3 sets of these and loved them I got a new set coming for the Silverado so when I do the front end in it I can “lock” it all in place and not have to worry about it again for awhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts