need some reliability info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a 2007 yukon denali with 107k and the 6.2. carfax report shows a long list of what appears to be a well maintained truck. i need some info on how reliable i could expect that truck to be as im on a short time span again hoping some peeps can drop me some info ontop of my searching.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to go drive it. My 2012 has 165k miles on it and I love the way it drives. I put new rear air shocks/pump and plugs wires in it. And rear brakes.
the way it drives isnt a concern to me as how often will it need to be fixed. prices are finally coming back down to reasonable levels on vehicles in my area. so i want to ditch these damn fords and find something ill spend more time driving than fixing. i dont know jack about the 6.2 besides i see alot of talk about not running 87 in them.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the way it drives isnt a concern to me as how often will it need to be fixed. prices are finally coming back down to reasonable levels on vehicles in my area. so i want to ditch these damn fords and find something ill spend more time driving than fixing. i dont know jack about the 6.2 besides i see alot of talk about not running 87 in them.
The 6.2 hs lots of power. I put a range device to stop the 8-4 cylinder cylinder change and reliability. Its 300$ and well worth it. The engines are very reliable, parts easy to find. If the carfax is accurate I would not hesitate.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the major mechanicals are very reliable in these trucks and if maintained will deliver many hundreds of thousands of pretty care free miles, both the 6.2's and the 5.3's.

I think the little stuff is just as reliable as any mainstream American car (which I rate pretty highly for day to day reliability after 100K). But the reality is after 100K things are going to break/wear out and either you are going to have to pay a reliable mechanic or do it yourself. This last bit is still cubic dollars less than the depreciation you are going to suffer driving a similar late model around all the time.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front diff is a potential trouble spot. I had to replace mine on my 09 Sierra Denali at 120k. And they're not cheap. Also had to replace an axle half-shaft, as well as the hubs/bearings.

And take it easy on the brakes. I've always felt half-ton GM trucks are under-braked.

If you replace the shocks, it's just easier to replace the entire front shock/coil assembly. I got a kit off Rock Auto for under $300 for all 4 corners - rear shocks and front shock/coils.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Denali with 141k on it. It’s been a very reliable rig. The repairs I’ve done are all wear items. Shocks, struts, rotors, calipers, etc. at 100k be ready to do the same type of repairs. The 07 doesn’t have AFM so don’t worry about that but use good oil and gas. Mine is used to tow my 5k lb boat and any other hauling I need.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a range device to stop the 8-4 cylinder cylinder change and reliability.

07-08 Denali with 6.2 don't have DOD/AFM(cylinder deactivation).

I bought our 07 Denali 3yrs ago with 130k. We now have 170k on it. We love it, but I'm a DIYer. It required me to do a lot of work the first few months to get it into shape. We paid under $10k for it, so we got what we paid for I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan