need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prince13

Reaction score
Hey guys how are ya, so my radio or speakers randomly die out. Thinking it was the radio i got a new one and installed it. Well to my surprise the new one did the same it looks like it has the onstar feature is there something that isn't wired right, or maybe i need to hook something else up? any help is appreciated maybe if you can just point me in the correct direction of some diagrams that i can take a look at and go from there, thanks in advance.

2001 chevy tahoe

update did some looking around and asked someone and it looks like ill need a pac module.

PAC RP5-GM11

if anyone has this for sale please help me out. i cant post on the wanted section as of yet

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What radio did you take out? Factory or aftermarket? Also, what did you put in?

OP
OP
Prince13

Prince13

Reaction score
What radio did you take out? Factory or aftermarket? Also, what did you put in?

it had an aftermarket radio. and i put in a radio i bought at autozone. works well but speakers will randomly shut off, so asking around i was told i need an interface module due to having onstar.

OP
OP
Prince13

Prince13

Reaction score
quick update, found the stock amp and needed to bypass it. the part number for what i used was METRA 70-2021. as stated mines a 2001 model and the factory amp is behind the glovebox.

2001 TAHOE FAL.jpg METRA 70-2021.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar