Need more output from denali head lights and fogs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in California. I did it. Lol
I had to do the mod when I upgraded my projector lens and starting running the HIDs out of the projectors, to get the lows and highs to function correctly. Have had it in since February here in California and haven’t had any issues with law enforcement yet.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been through Many combinations trying to find the best functional setup.

So far I'm sticking with 55w HID in Depot projectors and waterproof relay harness.

Having a tough time getting a good slim set of LED's to fit round Z71 fogs and still aim correct. 55w HID in the fogs kill it but make sure your housings and harness' are waterproof.

Attachments

• PXL_20220210_231244267.jpg
    PXL_20220210_231244267.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 7

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Been through Many combinations trying to find the best functional setup.

So far I'm sticking with 55w HID in Depot projectors and waterproof relay harness.

Having a tough time getting a good slim set of LED's to fit round Z71 fogs and still aim correct. 55w HID in the fogs kill it but make sure your housings and harness' are waterproof.
So your running 55 watt hid bulbs in the depot headlights and they dont melt the housing?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried several different options now. I went with a Morimoto mini H1 projector lense retrofit last year in a set of anzo u bar headlight housings as they use the same mounting brackets for the projector lense that the OEM housing uses. 35W 5500K HIDs. HD wiring harnesses with ballasts and ignitors. Worked great. But the kit was supposed to Morimoto bulbs and ballasts and they were not. I just upgraded to Morimoto bulbs and ballasts and wiring harnesses and it all works great. Stayed with 35W bulbs but 5000k color temp bulbs and I actually like the output better than the 5500K bulbs I had before.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried several different options now. I went with a Morimoto mini H1 projector lense retrofit last year in a set of anzo u bar headlight housings as they use the same mounting brackets for the projector lense that the OEM housing uses. 35W 5500K HIDs. HD wiring harnesses with ballasts and ignitors. Worked great. But the kit was supposed to Morimoto bulbs and ballasts and they were not. I just upgraded to Morimoto bulbs and ballasts and wiring harnesses and it all works great. Stayed with 35W bulbs but 5000k color temp bulbs and I actually like the output better than the 5500K bulbs I had before.
Any photo of that setup? 5000k is easier on the eyes I think than anything higher. Went with 4300k on a few of the trucks and ATVs now but pumping em with 55w. All fogs and hi-beam 3000k. Stuck with non-replacing triple projector LED morimotos in the big Yukon and I think those those are 5500k.. maybe 6k.. light output with exception of the hi beam is better than stock HID though

Last edited:

Wings720

Reaction score
What LED’s can you get for the fogs that are plug and play and quality ?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many choices out there. As of late last winter a buddy turned me onto a fanless brand called "Alla Lighting". I been all over the spectrum on higher-end and now this $20 brand that kicks @$$. I have 3 sets in a canam I put through snow, mud, and bogwater over the past year. They've been submerged in water and completely caked with snow and ice and no problems. Very impressed to say the least. Ended up ordering new housings for both the tahoe and yukon (circular and square housings) and threw a set of 3000k in. Both have been through maybe 5 car washes and a crap ton of salt and slop without any issues. Might be worth checking out as they're only about $20 and seem indestructible so far.