Need more output from denali head lights and fogs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that mh1 projectors.
Like above, they are a bi-xenon HID projector, which means they also add a second set of high beams to the headlights. Now, they are a bit of an investment up front, but you can always catch them on holiday sales

https://lightwerkz.net/collections/universal-kits/products/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-iii-h1

There's some places that still have the denali quick retro brackets available. Basically you pull the stock projector from the headlight, install the bracket onto the new projector and drop it in place of the old one. Wire up the HID harness, add your bulbs and BOOM! easily 3x-4x the OEM output.

Heres pictures from the denali lights i did the swap in when I had my NBS sierra

full

full

full

They were so good that I only had my tahoe for 2.5 months before i bought a second set of headlights and did a much more complicated retrofit into them but again, the output is 10000% better

just the lows and fogs in the tahoe

full

fogs, plus both sets of high beams

full

OP
OP
ROGELIO A GUZMAN

ROGELIO A GUZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like above, they are a bi-xenon HID projector, which means they also add a second set of high beams to the headlights. Now, they are a bit of an investment up front, but you can always catch them on holiday sales

https://lightwerkz.net/collections/universal-kits/products/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-iii-h1

There's some places that still have the denali quick retro brackets available. Basically you pull the stock projector from the headlight, install the bracket onto the new projector and drop it in place of the old one. Wire up the HID harness, add your bulbs and BOOM! easily 3x-4x the OEM output.

Heres pictures from the denali lights i did the swap in when I had my NBS sierra

full

full

full

They were so good that I only had my tahoe for 2.5 months before i bought a second set of headlights and did a much more complicated retrofit into them but again, the output is 10000% better

full

full
And just like that ,I have another projects. Lol. Thank you for all the information.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still want to do this, but the stock ones actually work pretty decent for us, also having 6 on high I am sure don't hurt. but my housings are also starting to haze and I really don't want to spend the cash for new housings, just to spend more on brackets, projectors, and hid kit. although the results I know would be worth it. ( I have retro fit a few other things before, and am familiar with the results)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I still want to do this, but the stock ones actually work pretty decent for us, also having 6 on high I am sure don't hurt. but my housings are also starting to haze and I really don't want to spend the cash for new housings, just to spend more on brackets, projectors, and hid kit. although the results I know would be worth it. ( I have retro fit a few other things before, and am familiar with the results)
Try to polish the lens out.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to polish the lens out.

I have considered this but am afraid that it may degrade them and make them worthless, but I could use that as an opportunity to upgrade too, so... maybe I will order some plates and try to get them polished up and drop some mini h1's in. maybe grab some standard Yukon lights to toss in while I am working on them.

but that also makes me think that maybe I should just grab some clear standard Yukon lights and retro those, but I just don't think they would have the right look for the Denali.

Leavitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

full

full

full

full

full
@Geoffsfas10, I'm a brand new Denali owner. I've had a new-to-me rig, 2003 Yukon XL Denali, for 6 weeks (give or take). I ended up here, looking for good information on headlights. Your pictures are astounding!

My rig has stock headlight assemblies, with some kind of HID bulbs in them. The rig came with them and I know nothing about HID. I have HID in low, high, and fog; the brand name is unknown to me.

My fog lights are useable and bright, I have no issues with them, in fact, I rely on them for everyday driving.

High beams are pretty darn bright, although not as nice (not even close!) as what's pictured in your pictures! (plus it takes 3 eternities to come up to full operating brightness) I can say with 100% certainty: have light envy!

Honestly, I could live with the high beams "as is". I came here thinking that if I could find a quality LED for the high beams, I'd get them simply for the "instant on" function, but these are impressive pics and now I'm trying to figure out how to duplicate what you've done.

The reason that I started searching the forum is that my low beams are so dim that I mistakenly believed that both bulbs were burned out. I literally have flashlights that are brighter than my low beams. This is my initial introduction to projectors, so I know nothing other than what I've seen here, but my projectors are seriously ineffective. I have to drive with the fog lights on because the low beams are so dim that it's just plain unsafe.

The pictures of your low beams are impressive! I followed the link that you shared: https://lightwerkz.net/collections/universal-kits/products/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-iii-h1 but there were so many options there that I quickly became lost, not knowing the answers to anything (let's be honest, I didn't understand the QUESTIONS, let alone the answers...)

The following questions are listed on the website:
1. H1 8.0 (LHD) vs H1 7.0 (RHD)
2. Hylux 2A88 35w vs XB35 2.0 (35w)
3. H1 HID bulbs temp. (I think that I've read here that 5000 is considered "ideal" for temp?)
4. There are 38 choices of shroud styles. THIRTY EIGHT (I can count to 5 on a good day, if I am allowed to use my fingers...)
5. There are 23 choices wiring harness size. (I believe that I'm 9005 for high and low, with no canbus)
6. Headlight sealant appears to be entirely a cosmetic choice, I'd likely just go black unless there's something I'm missing?
7. LED Halos. There are 6 sizes of "pivot switchbacks"??? (I feel like the dumbest guy on the planet, I have no clue...)
8. Anti flicker capacitor. (I don't know what this means and I'm uncertain whether I need this)
9. Shroud adapters: none vs H1 concentric rings

so... I think (maybe?) that I knew the answers to 2 of the 9 questions? If I wanted to duplicate what you have, what would it take?

I welcome any and all advice and/or ideas here. My initial thought was to just change out bulbs and get something serviceable, but what you built is so impressive, that I'd like to duplicate it. I'm looking forward to driving with the kind of light you have in those pictures!

Jared