Need more output from denali head lights and fogs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROGELIO A GUZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas I just came back from a nice little trip. My XL drove fine on the freeway, uphill, downhill and back. The only thing I didn't like was that the output of the oem projector lights is not that great. Has any one done upgrades to their oem fog and projectors. Driving back in the dark was a mission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several light upgrades on my 2006. LEDs in the fog lights that were plug and play. That alone made a huge difference. I also have after market headlight housings and I’m running LEDs in both low and high beam. The housings have an ok projector lense for low and then standard reflector setup for high beam. I got the bulbs on amazon I believe. Tou could pick something like those up and run them in your OEM Denali housings. Trying to remember the brands, I think @Tonyrodz might have the same LEDs I’m running on his Tahoe?! Anyways, it’s not custom retrofit quality lighting output but a huge upgrade over stock and I quite like the setup. I’ll link the page and post in my build with the lighting setup.
Edit:here the link: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/chases-2006-xl-denali-build.84562/page-172
check out page 172, all the photos from last summer when I did the current headlight housing setup. I think there may be some night time output shots in the next few pages as well

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have several light upgrades on my 2006. LEDs in the fog lights that were plug and play. That alone made a huge difference. I also have after market headlight housings and I’m running LEDs in both low and high beam. The housings have an ok projector lense for low and then standard reflector setup for high beam. I got the bulbs on amazon I believe. Tou could pick something like those up and run them in your OEM Denali housings. Trying to remember the brands, I think @Tonyrodz might have the same LEDs I’m running on his Tahoe?! Anyways, it’s not custom retrofit quality lighting output but a huge upgrade over stock and I quite like the setup. I’ll link the page and post in my build with the lighting setup.
Edit:here the link: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/chases-2006-xl-denali-build.84562/page-172
check out page 172, all the photos from last summer when I did the current headlight housing setup. I think there may be some night time output shots in the next few pages as well
Both currently unavailable. They work amazing at night tho. High and low beam.20201129_234645.jpg N98VJbey-154372877.jpg downloadfile-29.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh that’s what they’re called. Lol. I have the 5S in my lows beams still and they’re great. My highs failed(sorta) and I went with a different brand when I replaced. The LED portion separated from the base where it locks into the housing. So it wouldn’t stay where I put in the housing. It would wiggle and rotate as I was driving. No good. Lol. I can’t remember now which ones I replaced with but they’re a tad bit brighter.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JDM Astar is one supplier who I've had good luck with.

Another supplier that I've just ordered from (waiting for the LEDs to arrive) is Headlight Revolution. I got interested in them, as they actually test the LEDs from all of the brands in all kinds of car/truck light housings, and then the recommend the best match for the desired light pattern. They have a number of videos on YouTube.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
JDM Astar is one supplier who I've had good luck with.

Another supplier that I've just ordered from (waiting for the LEDs to arrive) is Headlight Revolution. I got interested in them, as they actually test the LEDs from all of the brands in all kinds of car/truck light housings, and then the recommend the best match for the desired light pattern. They have a number of videos on YouTube.
I think a vendor here used to sell those.

OP
OP
ROGELIO A GUZMAN

ROGELIO A GUZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I upgraded my low beams to auxbeam 9005 . And also my fogs to led 880. The fogs did the most difference. Put in a order for the highs also. Now I'm trying to figure out how to turn on both low and hi when I turn on my high beams. With out holding the stick temporary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401