need help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billy69tahoe

Reaction score
i have a 95 tahoe.now when i press the brake pedal its really hard and wont move.then i have to let off and press again and it will actually start to grab...the whole time you can hear air leaking from around the pedal.please just tell me this is the power brake booster?

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easiest way to make sure is to start the truck and then shut it off. pull the valve off the front of the booster and you should hear air rush in much like when you disconect an air tool from a mildly pressurized air hose. if you hear no air go into the booster then more than likley it's the booster but check and make sure the valve seems to function first and the gromet isn't leaking and the hose going to the intake isn't leaking. you can start the truck and listen with the hose off and if your brave enough put a finger PART WAY over the hose end to feel suction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen