Need Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftredline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I have some issue that I need your input on. 03 hoe 4.8 87,611 miles 22"rims
Over the last month I was having issues like feeling brake drag. It would not happen all the time. I would be cruising fine then all of a sudden It would be hard to maintain the speed and the truck would want to instantly slow down. I would have to smash the pedal to the floor to maintain speed the RPM would be at 3500 @ 60. the soft brake would got to a hard pedal feel. (As soon as you touch the brake pedal you were like slamming on the brakes) Now when the drag would last several miles then go away. This also happens at low speed some times. If around 30mph and I let off the gas the truck would slow down on its own and come to a complete stop. Anyway then I was experiancing what felt like a bent rim riding down the road.
I took the truck in to get the brakes checked and they found the front pads cracked. So I replaced the rotors and pad. The first day after the brakes were done the truck seemed to be fine. Then the nex day I get the same dragging again, but no wheell hop issues like before. I took it in again and they said it is my trans. Also the master cylinder was replace by previous owner.

Does anyone have any clue to what my issue might be. I thought I would check in here before I take it to the trans shop.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
try isolating the rear up in the air, and free wheel by hand and see if you can feel a rear wheel brake dragging. Then isolate and do front.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
This reads like an issue I had on an OBS, like yours.

Man we threw parts like a mug at it. What it finally ended up being was the EBCM, electronic braking control module, proportioning valve, and 1 defective brake hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman