Need Help with E-Fan INSTALL!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have a wiring harness for the fans and I have to take my truck up to Reno towing a trailer with motorcycles on it...How can I hook the fans up without a harness? For you guys that say use a switch..you mean run a switch into the truck to control the fans? and any other suggestions? please!!!

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
pull the fans and put the clutch fan back on it...shouldn't take long...would take longer to hook up a relay and switch for the fans...

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
This is not very complicated... To do this on a temporary basis, tie them to a switch in the truck. Use a relay for each fan and an inline fuse for each power wire. Get a properly rated relay from the auto parts store.

You can google wiring a relay for a diagram. Once you get back, you could spend the time to wire the up properly.

I did not find a significant benefit for installing electric fans, with the exception in the winter months.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
I guess =/ I was trying to avoid that but your right...do I need to put the fan shroud back on too?

i would just in case...shouldn't take but a half hour tops for all of it...I know i was able to remove my fans and install the clutch fan on my 99 in 20 minutes when i decided to sell it....MUCH faster than the install time of everything...lol.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
You know whats awesome? Justin is 10 minutes from me until Sunday and I could have your pins turned on. But alas, I have an 07 so therefore the fans are already electric and I'm just awesome like that....

ZING!!

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ohhh...ok

well thanks everyone! :)

I just put my clutch fan back on with the shroud to make it to Reno...then when we get back, Im going to order the harness and take the truck to the Chevy dealership and have them turn on the pins...since I dont have the money for a tune right now.

$56 for dealership to turn on pins....
$350 + security relearn + shipping to send spare module and have tune done on my module