Need help wiring amp and subs....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a Pioneer PRS-D2100T amp and changing out my amp is not an option. It took me awhile to find an amp to fit under neath my 2nd row seats. I just bought a Rockford Prime box with 2 12" subs in it. My issue is my amp can not be run safely at 2 ohms and the box is wired so that the 2 svc 4ohm subs will be wired at 2 ohms to the terminal in the box.

All I'm seeing is wiring these 4ohm subs at either 2 ohm or 8 ohm load. I need it to be at 4ohm.

Below are the specs of the amp and subs in the box. Can I re-wire the subs to that both positive wires go to the single positive terminal on the box and also for the negative? Them run the positive and negative wires to the amp and wire it bridged at the 600W x 1 @ 4 ohms to the amp? Will this work?

amp: Pioneer PRS-D2100T

150 Watts x 2, at 4 ohms <= 1% THD+N
600 Watts x 1, at 4 ohms BRIDGE <= 1% THD+N
80 dBA Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Reference: 1 Watt Output)

box/subs: R1L-2X12 Dual Prime 12" 300 Watt Loaded Enclosure

300 Watts RMS
600 Watts Max

(each sub is 150 W RMS & 300 W Max) according to the website

Subwooferwiring_zps0875c6eb.jpg

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run subs in series then bridge at the amp.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope running subs in series will give you 8 ohms then bridging at the amp will give you 4 ohms.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Not sure who this guy is, but he's correct...

:hmmm2:

Of course I am.

OP
OP
AZSCTACO

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope running subs in series will give you 8 ohms then bridging at the amp will give you 4 ohms.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Of course I am.

SO I'll have to re-wire in the box (connect a wire from the + on one sub to the - on the other sub) them run the wires from the 2 remaining to the connectors to create a 8 ohm output? Then once I run the + and - to the 2 channel amp and bridge it...it will create a 4 ohm bridged output?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO I'll have to re-wire in the box (connect a wire from the + on one sub to the - on the other sub) them run the wires from the 2 remaining to the connectors to create a 8 ohm output? Then once I run the + and - to the 2 channel amp and bridge it...it will create a 4 ohm bridged output?

Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia