Need Help Quick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a stupid question, however it is important that I get an answer really quick. There's a huge snow/ice storm hitting the home front here, and I park outside. I need to know how to stand up the wiper blades on my 04 yukon. I tried google, but I don't know what to put in the search box. lol Any help by tomorrow morning would be great! Thanks in advance!

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only way i know of is to look where it tilts up there should be a little clip that unlocks it to remove the whole arm just tilt it up while holding it up with a screw driver pop up that clip then lower the arm if done right it will hold the wiper up of the sheild for ya. sorry for long winded expl hope it helps

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks str8wkd. Ima try that in a couple minutes. I don't want to pull on them too hard because I don't want to break the things off!

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if it works. I am in St. Louis and the storm is a *****. I love my 06 Yukon, but the wipers that are tucked under the hood are a PITA to clean. Best thing I have found so far, is to put a Heavy tarp underneath the wipers, trash bags just mad clean up worse.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could pull them up far enough to put a wood block under them.

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually ended up lifting them up and putting a wood block underneath them. It worked good. I actually see a lot of people tuck a piece of card board underneath them that is big enough for most the windshield, but the ice is done so I'm not going to try that this time! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK