NEED HELP! Interior door handle problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Driver side door handle on the inside isnt working. It just started it this morning and i am having to roll down my windown to get out of my car. Should i just ake it apart the door to fix it or what should i do? Also how do i take the interior door panel off safely without damaging it

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year and model is your rig?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: No prob....Definitely post up what you find out. Once you get that panel off it'll probably be very obviously I'm guessing.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that a 99 Silverado is the NBS truck and his is the OBS truck.
You can try THIS howto to remove the door panel.

The outside door handle may be broken, look for cracked plastic on the outside. Or it may just be a bent rod. Look for the door handle release rod and see if there is any more adjustment that can be made to tighten it up, once you have the panel off.

Did it suddenly let go this morning, or was it gradually harder to open over a week or so until it just stopped opening?

Mine did the gradual hard to open from the inside, had to pull harder on the handle, etc for about a week, until one morning it stopped completely. Turns out I had a broken outside handle. Replaced the assembly and it's been working great ever since.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that brother. I didn't realize yours was one of the few Hoes in 99 that was still the OBS variation. 99Yuk looks to have the proper info in his post.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there should be 2 screws near the part where you rest your arm. the rest are all clips. when you get the door off your either looking at a loose rod or a broken handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401