Need help I did a 2-3” belltech drop on my 15 sub and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murdaburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey gang just became a member and would love your opinion. I recently did suspension work to my 2015 Chevy suburban

2-3” belltech drop kit
Front struts, sway arm And spindles
Rear shocks, sway arm and springs

I have stock 22” OEM wheels with brand new tires. Do I have to get a wheel alignment? Only ask because the front sits a little slanted? But when I’m driving on dry surfaces doesn’t pull. Also when I’m driving in the rain I get a lot of hyrdo planning.( only have Drivin When right before the drop ,my tires Where amazing in the weather ?

Also when taking turns I feel a slight shift on my front end going over bumps ?....

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. As stated above. Always get an alignment after any suspension mods that change ride height. Just because your truck isn’t piling in one direction or the other doesn’t mean it’s not out of alignment, there’s a lot more to it than that.

I see you installed front struts and spindles; Were they drop struts plus drop spindles? How much did you lower the front?

OP
OP
Murdaburban

Murdaburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. As stated above. Always get an alignment after any suspension mods that change ride height. Just because your truck isn’t piling in one direction or the other doesn’t mean it’s not out of alignment, there’s a lot more to it than that.

I see you installed front struts and spindles; Were they drop struts plus drop spindles? How much did you lower the front?
Yes they were drop spindles 2” and struts that’s I think are just replacement not adjustable

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely get an alignment, I have drop spindles on the front of my '15 Yukon XL Denali and was able to get an alignment at a local tire shop back into factory specs, so you should have no problem. But I would definitely get one.

Also, if you think you will be making any front or rear height adjustments in the near future on your suspension before it's all said and done I would recommend getting a 1-2 yr. alignment plan at said tire shop, you'll save some $ that way. Just something to consider.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride height directly affects your alignment angles... Get an alignment as the others have said. Your tires will thank you and it will handle better in general.

OP
OP
Murdaburban

Murdaburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely get an alignment, I have drop spindles on the front of my '15 Yukon XL Denali and was able to get an alignment at a local tire shop back into factory specs, so you should have no problem. But I would definitely get one.

Also, if you think you will be making any front or rear height adjustments in the near future on your suspension before it's all said and done I would recommend getting a 1-2 yr. alignment plan at said tire shop, you'll save some $ that way. Just something to consider.
Thank my man got a appointment Tom to get my alignment done so should be good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne