Need Help for my Airride System here in Germany at my Tahoe 2007.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends. I have a question to you. I have already replaced the entire Airride system in my Tahoe with normal shock absorbers and springs at the front and rear. Now I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. Can I simply remove my compressor that is already very rusty or do I get error messages? The fuses haven already been removed. The compressor was already defective at the previous owner. That's why I could expand it and throw it in the trash, right?
2. During the last wheel change, one of the rear sensors for the air ride level was damaged. Since I no longer have an Air ride, can I expand it? Do I really need this?
3. I removed all fuses for the Air ride and installed bypass resistors. However, I still get the Service Suspension message. What else can it be?

Thanks and best regards from Germany Markus

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends. I have a question to you. I have already replaced the entire Airride system in my Tahoe with normal shock absorbers and springs at the front and rear. Now I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. Can I simply remove my compressor that is already very rusty or do I get error messages? The fuses haven already been removed. The compressor was already defective at the previous owner. That's why I could expand it and throw it in the trash, right?
2. During the last wheel change, one of the rear sensors for the air ride level was damaged. Since I no longer have an Air ride, can I expand it? Do I really need this?
3. I removed all fuses for the Air ride and installed bypass resistors. However, I still get the Service Suspension message. What else can it be?

Thanks and best regards from Germany Markus
Guten Abend, Markus.

There are a few other components that can trigger a service suspension message, beyond just the shock absorbers and resistors. Each of the sensors report their voltage to the computer, so if one of them is damaged, it will likely report an erroneous voltage and trigger the message. However, you will need a Tech2 or equivalent scanner that can query the BCM (body control module) to find out what the root cause of the service suspension message currently is. Without that, it is pure guesswork.

On the compressor, you can of course safely remove it but it will also be another reason for the service suspension message.

Best,
Dave

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
Geotrash 'Dave'. When I bought my tahoe from Denmark, I already exchanged the resistors for new ones. I have Tech2 here on my laptop and I could read the errors again. What I know is that an error is displayed for both rear level lift sensors. The fuses for the compressor have already been taken from the fuse box. Right now, I always have to press the button on the dashboard to clear the error. It's not bad now. But it would just be nice if the stupid message is simply no longer displayed.

Many greetings Markus

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that’s gotta be annoying. I don’t have a precise answer, but if those are the codes you’re getting, then bypassing the level sensors would seem the next step.

Side note: I used to run marketing for a German software company, so I spent a year living and working in Germany part-time. Best team I ever managed. And, I miss the highways and ancient castles. How does your Tahoe do on the autobahn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my friend Geotrash. Thank you for your answer. Do you have an idea how I can bridge the two rear sensors for leveling the height? One broke when we were working on the rear shock absorbers. Are these two round sensors with the little lever that probably measures the level. To your question about driving. I have had my Tahoe for almost 3 years now and have driven 61,000 miles in that time. I have installed an LPG system that saves me a lot of money because the gasoline is very expensive here. But I love my Tahoe, he drives nicely and is a reliable car overall.

It drives comfortably and with my extra oil cooler I don't have any problems in summer when I go on vacation with my caravan. I would like to install a few other headlights because I have already converted the back to smoke Escalade lamps. It just looks awesome when the lights go all the way up. Do you have any ideas what I can still do beautiful within the framework of legality? I already have K&N filters in there. A cold air intake doesn't seem to work well with the Tahoe because you quickly get problems with the air mass meter. Maybe you still have good ideas. For Sound, I have a bad ass Flowaster not too brutal but it is fat and a head turner here. Greetings from Germany Markus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia