NBS lower dash(below steering column) cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going through this right now and recently picked up some SEM paint I thought I'd try.

My "Trim Combination - Leather Neutral" RPO code is "522." The leather and door panels match the color of the upper part of the dash, including the cluster and radio bezel. The knee panel and glove box are lighter (52I) "Interior Trim Light Neutral."

So I bought the SEM 15883 Medium Neutral, and it's close. However, a direct comparison shows that it's off enough that I won't use it. In the pic below the SEM is on the left (on a sheet of ABS plastic) and the OE dash bezel is on the right. I'm not great describing colors but the SEM is a bit pink for my tastes.

Cam 3 in sun.JPG

I sent an email to SEM's customer service and they said the other aerosol that's close would be lighter yet, and if I wanted a better match I'd need to go to one of their dealers who can mix the right color.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm going through this right now and recently picked up some SEM paint I thought I'd try.

My "Trim Combination - Leather Neutral" RPO code is "522." The leather and door panels match the color of the upper part of the dash, including the cluster and radio bezel. The knee panel and glove box are lighter (52I) "Interior Trim Light Neutral."

So I bought the SEM 15883 Medium Neutral, and it's close. However, a direct comparison shows that it's off enough that I won't use it. In the pic below the SEM is on the left (on a sheet of ABS plastic) and the OE dash bezel is on the right. I'm not great describing colors but the SEM is a bit pink for my tastes.

View attachment 268307

I sent an email to SEM's customer service and they said the other aerosol that's close would be lighter yet, and if I wanted a better match I'd need to go to one of their dealers who can mix the right color.
Why can't GM make it easier. Have you cleaned your part really well? Over time it gets dirty, fades from the sun etc. I wonder if it would've matched a brand new part?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why can't GM make it easier. Have you cleaned your part really well? Over time it gets dirty, fades from the sun etc. I wonder if it would've matched a brand new part?

Where you gonna find a brand new part to see? LOL

I didn't clean my part any more than it usually is, and that was the bottom side of the bezel. And the SEM is lighter so it's pre-faded. Or not.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I have a denali, I have two separate colors in my interior. Tan, and then the middle sections of my seats are shale, or off white colored, like the light colored Escalade interior. The door panels are this way as well, but all the dash plastics are the darker shade of tan. Here is what it looked like when I swapped out the steering wheel a couple months ago with one that I redyed, and you can tell the wheel came out lighter, but you can see the darker tan colored dash bezel and lower cover.

D767ABFF-CD8A-4373-A74D-2AB6370B3D6F.jpeg 49A2D2CC-CBDA-43B9-879A-DAC0533E8CB5.jpeg F567D770-BBC6-4757-9664-2F000D573B96.jpeg 093C3D8F-F1BD-49C1-ABDB-76C763D40ECF.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because I have a denali, I have two separate colors in my interior. Tan, and then the middle sections of my seats are shale, or off white colored, like the light colored Escalade interior. The door panels are this way as well, but all the dash plastics are the darker shade of tan. Here is what it looked like when I swapped out the steering wheel a couple months ago with one that I redyed, and you can tell the wheel came out lighter, but you can see the darker tan colored dash bezel and lower cover.

View attachment 268313 View attachment 268314 View attachment 268315 View attachment 268316

My LT's interior is also two colors. Door panels, leather, and upper dash are darker, and the lower dash & glovebox are lighter.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up this part Sunday at the junkyard to replace my cover that has a broken tab on one side. Only to get it home, cleaned up and discover it’s not the right color to match my interior.... :doh2:
at any rate the cover came out of a 2004 LT suburban, shale colored. Should fit all 2000-2006 suvs and pick ups. My key want it?! $30 shipped. crazy how icky the part was....

View attachment 268231 View attachment 268232
Cleaned up nice View attachment 268233 View attachment 268234 View attachment 268235
Check and/or match your 3 digit interior color code on the RPO label in the glovebox?

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I meant was check the 3 digit code in your glove box and find another vehicle with the same interior color code.