Myself and others stumped Never seen issue before .... ever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to think there is a pitch angle issue, for it to pull the suspension down in one direction, and push it up in the other. I am thinking the that either cross caster is off.. I am going to have to ask my shop to see what they think.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
That has got to be some of the craziest videos i have seen good job.The only thing that could make that suspension bind and go up several inches is the torsion bars flexing.I would start their and see whats up with that.In the one video you can see the one end of torsion bar go up several inches and with the bolt you screw up or down to control the load it shouldnt be moving at all.I would point your camera at that adjustment bolt on the torsion bar and lets see what that is doing.Great effort on making the videos.Im betting 80% of mechanics would be puzzled.To lift an entire suspension shock control arms everything it has to be a strong part twisting or flexing-my first guess torsion bars

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which specific 13 piece kit did you get from 1A Auto?

I am guessing its this one..

Or is it this one..

Or this one..

I watched all 6 videos, and I cant tell whats new and what isnt, it all looks the same.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in this video..

I see the tie rods moving in/out, but I dont see movement out of the pitman arm.

The problem with that is, this wont solve the problem, its just another piece to the puzzle.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can, get one more video of those 2 bolts to the right of the Torsion Spring, kinda close. Make sure to hit a few small bumps like you did in the video above.

Judging by the dirt/grime I am seeing on the lower control arms. I am guessing that bushings/lower arms were not part of the kit. And my eye is telling me that there is the problem..

BUT.. it should be doing the opposite of whats its doing if thats the case. Me and 2 of my mechanics agree on this.

So I am at a loss..

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my mechanics just told me to have you lift the front of the truck, and support it from the FRAME behind the wheel. This will allow the suspension to be in full sag/droop. Then to take a pry bar, and put it in behind the bracket for the rear control arm bushings. You should have little to no movement. He is betting you have a lot of movement.

This may be difficult to move/pry on because you are still going to have tension from the Torsion Spring, and the control arm resting on the jounce pad (I think).

He is also one of the mechanics that says that your symptoms dont correlate with the problem.

So as I said above, this may just be another piece to the puzzle.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
And in this video..

I can clearly see the lower control arm bolts moving. They shouldnt.
This is the video that shows the rear of the torsion bar moving up and back down 2-3 inches at least.This has the adjusting bolt on it and under a massive amount of force-the end of that should not move at all just going in reverse.Seems like the bolt is coming off the keys-im still going with torsion bars in wrong or something of that nature.You can also see when the rear of the torsion bar starts moving its picking up the control arm and raising the vehicle.Look at your adjuster bolts and keys again-make sure torsion bars are on correct.

Last edited:

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't read the original paragraph all the way through.

Is the center link on right-side up, or correct left-to-right? They can be put on the wrong way.

Same goes for the stabilizer bar. If any of those parts are flipped around or the hardware isn’t to torque specs - in some cases over torqued can cause issues as well, that can lead to the toe in / toe out problems you have.

Just a random thought, does your vehicle have autoride? If so has your suspension yaw rate sensor been checked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh