My truck is driving dangerous..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Example 1: Driving on the freeway...when coming to bumps in the road (like where the freeway and bridge meet)...when my back end hits the bump...it bumps up real bad...and if Im going around a turn while hitting one of these bumps are freeway speeds, the back end will jump of and slightly shift out a little bit..not safe at all!!

Example 2: Driving on the freeway at speed over dips in the road...the soft up and down dips sometimes..the truck feels like a ******* boat...it bounces up and down pretty bad

Example 3: Going over speed bumps...the front end is no issue...but if I drive the back end of my truck off a speed bump at more then 5mph...it still bottoms out hard...

Numbers 2 and 3 arent so dangerous..I Can deal with those...but number 1 is very scary at times...I'll post video soon!

What will prevent the "almost spin out" deal?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you done the DJM free travel mod in the rear yet? I saw you post on that thread back on the 19th saying you changed your bumpstops...

Free Travel Mod - http://djmsuspension.com/Articles new/FreeTravel.html

If not, that's probably your problem. It's hitting the bumpstops and when it springs back, it's almost like the tires want to come off the ground.

EDITED... reading through some of your lost threads/posts. I guess you did the full free travel mod by the 25th?

What shocks do you have? I've heard of this happening if you have real soft shocks.

Bilstein HDs:

front - f4-be5-6500-h0
rear - f4-be5-6501-h0

The helper bags will also help the cushioning from hitting so hard if you still haven't done that...

$75.40 Shipped to you Amazon (Click)

Last edited:

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
When I did the free travel mod mines would still hit the frame on large dips as well. Helper bags and stiffer shocks improved it. Air bags are my next project so it will ride extremely well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz