My Tahoe on Motorweek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are those 2 support bars mounting up to the firewall/fender area factory or did callaway add them on?

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s nice, was just watching that on YouTube

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the short mounting bracket on the firewall bolted on? or is it welded? I am just curious as it could maybe be a mod I could do to my 2012
At various points along the upper part of the firewall, under that plastic piece that you can see there (also holding the rubber seal), there are sheet metal tabs that protrude out. These are what the plastic piece is held onto with body clips. In those two spots for the supports, they just stick out farther for the supports. In short, bolted on.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many moons ago, when I bought my new Acura integra (before they went alpha numeric names), the high end sport integra had a support bar that ran over the engine, from shock to shock tower. I bought one as a part, bolted it on and was surprised at the greatly improved handling. This is probably not in the same ballpark, but just saying that it probably couldn't hurt things.