My Tahoe Mods - 98 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It is a Garvin Safari hood rack. You can find them here.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Scroll down the page for various pics.

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Ultra Guage EM and now am paranoid after seeing what my fuel consumption is, 13.8 lit / 100km. It is missing Transmission temp which i would have loved to have as I tow a bit. Other than that it is recommended, there are more guages/information that i would know what to do with.....

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Ultra Guage EM and now am paranoid after seeing what my fuel consumption is, 13.8 lit / 100km. It is missing Transmission temp which i would have loved to have as I tow a bit. Other than that it is recommended, there are more guages/information that i would know what to do with.....

Darn, that actually pretty good fuel consumption. Wait! You get that towing?

Also if you have an android phone. I can show you how to get Trans temp for less than $20CDN.

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not when i am towing, this was just intial road testing with the unit, not yet tested when towing. I was not expecting anything to talk about when towing.

I have a Iphone .... but i do have a Andriod based Dell Streak, would that work?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha about towing #'s. Still good stuff though. That's 17mpg. I swear I'm up in the 15's and 16's.

I had to google the Streak to see if it had Bluetooth. Yup, it does so Yes it will work.

You only need two things to monitor trans temp.
1) THIS OBDII Bluetooth adapter for $16.60CDN shipped to your door. This is the Ebay vendor that I got mine from. Took a couple of weeks to get here though.
2) THIS app from the Android Market for $4.74CDN.

Oh poop, I lied about the costs. Our dollar has weaken'd since I bought mine for less than $20, but today it still only costs $21.34 to get two way communication to our computer, all the digital readouts that you could possibly want and more if you know the PIDs, and one less gadget to leave inside your vehicle to get stolen.

Heck, I even have one screen dedicated to monitoring all eight cyls misfires.
If your curious what it looks like, I can post up screen shots of the screens I use?

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the Shocks and a broken sway bar link with the following:

Front - Monroe Reflex 911511
Rear - Monroe Sensa-Trac 37086

New sway bar links in the front

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha about towing #'s. Still good stuff though. That's 17mpg. I swear I'm up in the 15's and 16's.

I had to google the Streak to see if it had Bluetooth. Yup, it does so Yes it will work.

You only need two things to monitor trans temp.
1) THIS OBDII Bluetooth adapter for $16.60CDN shipped to your door. This is the Ebay vendor that I got mine from. Took a couple of weeks to get here though.
2) THIS app from the Android Market for $4.74CDN.

Oh poop, I lied about the costs. Our dollar has weaken'd since I bought mine for less than $20, but today it still only costs $21.34 to get two way communication to our computer, all the digital readouts that you could possibly want and more if you know the PIDs, and one less gadget to leave inside your vehicle to get stolen.

Heck, I even have one screen dedicated to monitoring all eight cyls misfires.
If your curious what it looks like, I can post up screen shots of the screens I use?

You, sir, are THE MAN.

I thank you for sharing this. :Handshake:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ONTOPIC: Popeye, How come the different model# shocks front and rear? I'm curious....

:) I made a mistake when i ordered and had got 4 front shocks when i was in the states. I realized this only when i was installing same, at which time i got the rears from the local Canadian Tire. Now i have 2 extra fronts which i will let go sometime.

The Truck behaves so well now and i feel it is mainly due to the replacement of the broken front sway bar link than the shocks. I will update this thread with how it performs after 6 months of running this combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC