My 5.3 vs 6.0 evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for letting me know how in reach the swap is.....fokker', now I'm gonna have the itch and the means.....crap!!!:Violin:

Nice write up......

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal man. Glad you got it up and running and like it.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Hell yeah now you just need some longtubes. I'm getting 15-16 city with the awd so you should see slightly better with your selectable 4wd. Nice when you can accelerate up a hill and the trans doesn't have to shift, huh?

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the fastest thing in the world, but a huge improvement over before

slow roll in first, manual shift to 2nd
th_MVI_1270.jpg

merging onto interstate
th_MVI_1271.jpg

from a stop
th_MVI_1272.jpg

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually doing the same thing.. I have a LQ9 from a Cadillac - Did you do anything to your tranny or Torque COnverter? Or leave that all stock ?

Any tips you have - or any snags you ran into?? I am doing this coming up in a week or so!

mike

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like it needs more gear......last vid, you made it to 80 MPH in 2nd gear.

theres a chance..it has 3.73s right now, and that was on my 24s which are about an inch talled then stocks..id love some 4:10s, but i cant justify the cost of front and rear, along with loosing what highway mpg i do get..i have a 200 mile trip from home to school that i make 3 times a month..so thats 1200 a month all highway..

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I am actually doing the same thing.. I have a LQ9 from a Cadillac - Did you do anything to your tranny or Torque COnverter? Or leave that all stock ?

Any tips you have - or any snags you ran into?? I am doing this coming up in a week or so!

mike

it wasnt bad at all aside from the fact that the trans was siezed to the motor..other then that its all straight foward..

my trans has a shift kit and servo, but its slipping now. it has 155k on it so thats probably not helping..im looking into getting a built trans here soon and then throwin a cam and a 3600 stall in it.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do for the ECU, did you have to have it tuned for the 6.0? Was it driveable w/ the 5.3 computer?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
boy big wheels must weigh down the truck quite alot, your 6.0 vid looks slower than my 5.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts