My 2011 Yukon Denali Totaled Sunday Evening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Friday was the kids last day of school for the year.

Oldest boy is doing fine. His high school graduation is next Saturday and he only missed Monday. He had rehersals and stuff the rest of the week.

My daughter missed all week. The kids in her class made her cards and a gift bag filled with candy and her teacher stopped by after school on Wednesday to give to her. Reading some of the cards from her friends made her laugh and giggle, which has been the first time she's done that since the accident.

She's getting more mobility with her walker around the house, but still needs help sitting down and getting up. She has appointments on Thursday to see how the rib fracture and punctured lung is doing and possibly get the ok to remove the neck brace.

Her birthday is tomorrow (Sunday). She's turning 9, and we really can't go anywhere for it so we just have a cake and a bunch of her favorite board games planned.

We hired a lawyer and talked with their investigator Thursday afternoon.

I also found out from the dealership I bought the car from that since it's only been 2 months I can cancel the GAP and extended warranty coverage I purchased and get those costs refunded to me. My loan payoff is $23,300 and my insurance is paying them $23,000 for the vehicle. My GAP insurance cost $899 and the extended warranty cost $2500. So even though I will have to pay $300 to clear the loan, I will come out with about $3,000 by not making a GAP claim and get it and the extended warranty canceled and use that for a down payment on another Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/XL once I find one I like.

2001 Yukon SLT
2011 Yukon Denali

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... Hope it all works out for you. And speedy recovery for the little one.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wishing you and yours a full speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, but it can be replaced. Glad you all escaped it. Praying for y'all.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In an accident, as they say, " The bigger car wins"..... We all pray for your kid's recovery....

#1, NEVER settle on injuries (yet)
#2, Get a police report ( to study accident-scene sketch for correctness)
#3, If the driver had no car insurance, have your insurance adjuster check for other 'value' the DUI guy has ( house , boat, motorcycles, pension, etc, for settlement money..
#4..... If your wheels are 17", can I buy them?? ;)
#5, If your insurance company does a complete job, that's good, then sue civilly for additional pain/suffering.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank God everyone was wearing a seat belt. As a dad myself, I'm so happy the kids are basically ok. The younger kids are, the easier it is for their recovery. This story could've had a worse ending.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is doing OK, it definitely could have been worse. I just went through dealing with an uninsured at-fault driver who pulled in front of me on my Harley and I t-***** them. Keep in mind what an honest attorney told me (I ended up not hiring one): if he didn't have insurance he probably doesn't have any money so if you hire someone to go after them, the attorney fees may be more than what you recover from the other party. They can also file bankruptcy to get out of any big settlement if you get that far. Your uninsured motorist coverage is what will pay you for medical, lost wages, etc so find out what those limits are. Mine was only $50 k per person and medical expenses pile up fast. They will want you to have it done through your health insurance in order to get the price breaks and then when all is said and done there will be a lien on your claim. The health insurance will be paid direct from your car insurance and if there's anything left over you can get reimbursed for out of pocket expenses like medicine and co-pays. It's a long process and you won't get anything until your medical part of the claim is done and you sign off. (They will pay for your vehicle fairly quickly though) They have 2 years to settle the medical part. It's BS dealing with uninsured a**holes and I feel for you. I'm hopefully going to be released back to work after nearly 10 months and if I didn't have disability pay and savings I'd be screwed. Now my auto insurance (Allstate) just told me they won't settle on the medical part until every medical bill is processed and I'm released back to work, and then they settle the lien with my health insurance. I'm trying to get my health insurance to waive part of that lien. Good luck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad everyone is OK, I didn't see anyone mention also any type of major work you have had performed on the truck and possibly any Upgrades with receipts within the last year should also be applicable to the value, for instance I have a new engine and front and rear diffs rebuilt in the last year for a total of almost $14k (even though it was paid by insurance) it would up the value that much more. I would just dig up any receipts and tally it all up and say "hey" what about all this? some stuff is legally added other stuff is negotiable. and as mentioned above don't sign anything until your satisfied.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad everyone is OK, I didn't see anyone mention also any type of major work you have had performed on the truck and possibly any Upgrades with receipts within the last year should also be applicable to the value, for instance I have a new engine and front and rear diffs rebuilt in the last year for a total of almost $14k (even though it was paid by insurance) it would up the value that much more. I would just dig up any receipts and tally it all up and say "hey" what about all this? some stuff is legally added other stuff is negotiable. and as mentioned above don't sign anything until your satisfied.
Good point. I had a ton of money into my Harley, over $40 k total and they wanted to give me nada for a stock bike, which was about $20 k. I ended up hiring an appraiser who valued it at $45k, then they hired an appraiser and the 2 settled on $43k. My insurance Co had to pay my appraiser fees and the $43k. If you have receipts it might be worth a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts