My 2007 Tahoe Stereo install 18" DC audio sub!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far, but just so you know, with the Pioneer unit you can just use a simple relay for video bypass, there is no need for a switch... I can post the instructions when I am at work on Monday if you'd like...

OP
OP
R

RickyFriery97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great work. I got 2 DC Audio level 2 15's in a 4th order in the back of my Tahoe. I love DC Audio, they make great shit.

Hell yea this is my first DC product but hoping to get some of there new amps soon

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Looks good so far, but just so you know, with the Pioneer unit you can just use a simple relay for video bypass, there is no need for a switch... I can post the instructions when I am at work on Monday if you'd like...

I know this.. I tried with a relay and It did not work for me so I just did a switch
I had it wired correctly the relay just clicked on too quick

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing the finished product. This things going to be a beast!

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last i heard you could use a relay on newer pioneers?

i tried using that steering wheel control module on my buddies truck. Couldnt ever get it to program

OP
OP
R

RickyFriery97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last i heard you could use a relay on newer pioneers?

i tried using that steering wheel control module on my buddies truck. Couldnt ever get it to program

you can.. the relay i had didnt work for me and i had a switch layin around so i just used that
the steering wheel controls were pretty easy, just took some paitence lol

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all looks good, but why are you using ply wood for the box? i thought you had to use mdf board for the box and did you use a grommet for that power wire thru the floor board?
just wandering i might be wrong

OP
OP
R

RickyFriery97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all looks good, but why are you using ply wood for the box? i thought you had to use mdf board for the box and did you use a grommet for that power wire thru the floor board?
just wandering i might be wrong

its is not plywood it is 3/4" birch
stronger, and lighter but its also $44 a sheet
alot better then MDF when it comes to boxes
Yes, there is a grommet for the power and ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz