mud tires and tpms, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
I am putting this in the 4x4 section because I think this is the group it mainly pertains to, please move if that is incorrect

With mud tires you usually run a higher psi than factory. I keep my km2's around 45-50 psi. However my tpms (tire pressure monitor) obviously has an issue with this and tells me to check pressure every time I get in when I am cycling through the other options (on the dash guage screen). Does anyone know how to reset its "standard" for pressure or make the message stop appearing. I am aware its a facotry saftey conflict but I thought I would throw it out there.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard you need to reflash them at the dealer. Not sure though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on dealership and how willing they are to do this, but yes any dealership/person with a TechII can make the "standard" pressures higher, or I would bet a set of TPMS out of a 2500 truck/burb would do the trick.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine reset at the dealer for $30. I run mine at 50 psi and had them adjust accordingly.