MRC issues with 16 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a 16 Tahoe LTZ with Magnetic ride control suspension. Still have warranty on the vehicle so we had all four shocks replaced by the dealer because we started noticing it was riding rough. I also had new tires installed with road force balancing. There was some improvement to the ride but not a whole lot. We’re still noticing the ride is not as smooth as it should be. Does anyone know what else can be done to fix the harsh ride?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not too familiar with the new rigs. Does MRC come with adjustable ride options? Also, did they check the rest of your suspension?

OP
OP
Edward Medina

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer said that after they replaced the shocks, they reset the computer. I’m taking it back tomorrow to see what else they can do. I’ll ask if they can set it to a softer ride if it’s possible. I don’t know too much about how the magnetic ride control suspension works.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No adjustments with MRC on a suburban unlike the Escalade version. I have 14k miles on my MRC setup and already looking to covert to nonMRC setup. MRC has some benefits over certain terrain but not good enough for me so.....I have a rental LT model and although more floating/soft bumpy right it's softer overall ride, worth the conversation IMO

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they replaced the shocks there is not much more that can be done. What size (diameter) wheels are you using? On my Escalade's my winter wheels were 18's and my summer wheels were the stock platinum 22" wheels that came with the truck, after riding around all winter on 18's, it took several months to get used to the 22's and the way rougher ride they gave

Flydex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I got my front MRC struts replaced for rough ride last week, they also replaced the front lower ball joints. It helped a bunch. It felt like we were bottoming out on every bump.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are TSBs for the MRC. maybe they need to apply some of these software updates... as resetting the ECM doesnt always fix it. ;)

OP
OP
Edward Medina

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If they replaced the shocks there is not much more that can be done. What size (diameter) wheels are you using? On my Escalade's my winter wheels were 18's and my summer wheels were the stock platinum 22" wheels that came with the truck, after riding around all winter on 18's, it took several months to get used to the 22's and the way rougher ride they gave
I’m using the stock 20 inch rims.

OP
OP
Edward Medina

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I got my front MRC struts replaced for rough ride last week, they also replaced the front lower ball joints. It helped a bunch. It felt like we were bottoming out on every bump.
I’ll ask if they can replace the ball joints when I take it back to the dealer. It feels like it doesn’t absorb the road bumps as well as it should.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one can comment on MRC firmware version. People mention firmware update but I can't find a version to search for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium