Mounting amp behind rear panel in cargo area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We all know space is an issue when dealing with amps, especially without a bench seat in the back to hide the amps, I have the Hifonics Zues amp, theres no hiding this thing.

Has anyone managed to hide an amp sucessfully, behind that panel where the tire-change/jack is?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With amps getting smaller and smaller, how hard would it be to get a pair of NVX amps in the same location as the stock amp? With stock amp and sub removed, shouldnt there be enough space to hide 2 amps in there with small foot print?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my 02 that's exactly where the factory Lux amp is located.

OP
OP
Tahoe14LTZ

Tahoe14LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With amps getting smaller and smaller, how hard would it be to get a pair of NVX amps in the same location as the stock amp? With stock amp and sub removed, shouldnt there be enough space to hide 2 amps in there with small foot print?

Yes/no.

The problem is that I have the Bose amp running the factory stuff, chimes, and all the other shit it controls. I remember blowing the factory amp and nothing worked in the car.

The door speakers are separated going to the Hifonics 4-chan in the back. It may be possible to mount the Zues-amp on top of the factory amp if there's room. I know for a fact it will fit in place of the factory Sub, which I can take or leave at this point, my doors sound great with out it.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes/no.

The problem is that I have the Bose amp running the factory stuff, chimes, and all the other shit it controls. I remember blowing the factory amp and nothing worked in the car.

The door speakers are separated going to the Hifonics 4-chan in the back. It may be possible to mount the Zues-amp on top of the factory amp if there's room. I know for a fact it will fit in place of the factory Sub, which I can take or leave at this point, my doors sound great with out it.

Can you or anyone confirm dimensions of space in that area (stock amp/sub section).?

Sounds like you are rocking stock HU for chimes and such to go away when you had bad stock amp. Mine goes away too with aftermarket HU but I only have stock amp and lose all sound, not just chimes. If you have aftermarket, whatever controls chimes may not be configured right because I have seen cars with only aftermarket amps and have full sound functionalities.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 4 CG and a 1500 watt Audiopipe mono block in my console it's really easy

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to yank the jack and tools, i was in there last night... i guess there is enough room but not a good flat mounting location in there... imo

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can access that compartment if have the rear gate open you pull the top and bottom covers off then the rear d pillar cover and then you can pull that whole cover open, you may have to take some off by the rear driver's door area as well so nothing gets broken, once that is opened up you might be able to either mount it to the inner plastic side with 3m tape or Fab up a wood bracket for the inside area somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881