Morimoto Bi-Xenon retrofit - Installation thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this write up is better then the one i did that you used as a base. What a slacker i am haha. Looks great as usual, i wish more people would realize that this retrofit is really THIS simple!!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great thread! Wish I could have seen the old thread.............

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much would you charge for a set?

I like brakes, engines and suspension.......that type of work, not so much.

Nice job Dick

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this write up is better then the one i did that you used as a base. What a slacker i am haha. Looks great as usual, i wish more people would realize that this retrofit is really THIS simple!!
My original thread with Morimoto D2S projectors (back in 2018) was pretty thorough too, but I had to modify a LOT more to get the projectors to fit. This was so much easier, and I always take lots of pics in case anyone has questions. Def got motivated from your thread, especially when I realized how disappointed I actually was with the AlphaRex/LED combo.
Great thread! Wish I could have seen the old thread.............
:idiot::idiot::idiot:
How much would you charge for a set?

I like brakes, engines and suspension.......that type of work, not so much.

Nice job Dick
Where are you? I'd help anyone out local with some. Hardest part really is just splitting the headlights, its patience more than anything.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Maryland.......so not close enough lol

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome write up and photos! Also nice finished look...

Would you be willing to add one more photo, of the final, adjusted/aimed cutoff? Asking because I am not clear that I have my own aimed quite right...

I bought a set from a company, and was less than impressed... DIY would have been better...

Looks Amazing!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thank you for writing this up with good pics. I never cared much for this type of retrofit cuz the projectors looked like big fish eyes. These minis look good. I'm with @omandave- lets see some money shots.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nicely done @RichardCranium. You’ve got me wanting to do my burb now. In fact I purchased a set of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWYDSBG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_VTQ4HC3NCPNABZTJWE07?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
headlights with the C shaped led and was going to swap in some led bulbs. Now I think I’ll look at doing a bi-led retrofit to those with the M led 2.0 projectors. I’ll reach out to Lightwerkz and see if they have any info on whether there’s enough room in the housing.

I also plan to make the C shaped led the DRL
E0E5193D-C294-424F-BFC6-8906014196DC.jpeg

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nicely done @RichardCranium. You’ve got me wanting to do my burb now. In fact I purchased a set of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWYDSBG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_VTQ4HC3NCPNABZTJWE07?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
headlights with the C shaped led and was going to swap in some led bulbs. Now I think I’ll look at doing a bi-led retrofit to those with the M led 2.0 projectors. I’ll reach out to Lightwerkz and see if they have any info on whether there’s enough room in the housing.

I also plan to make the C shaped led the DRL
View attachment 356996
Ive talked to them about those housings. Theres plenty of room but the projector mounting sucks in them so youll have to custom mount them. They have a video on their youtube channel with the set they did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9