Weird issue after HID installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. But electrical I figured would go under electronics.

Anyways, super weird problem on my 2006 Yukon xl Denali, after doing a new headlight housing with a morimoto mini H1 8.0 bi-xenon projector housing upgrade and good quality HID bulbs in said projector. So I realized when I finally started up the truck, that the passenger side turn signal is stuck on, though when it’s happening, it’s the LED turn arrow in the mirror and the green flasher in the cluster staying on. And the front and rear turns aren’t staying on. But when I engage the turn signal, at first, it would click once and then just stay partially illuminated. I’m not sure why it’s happening and none of the turn signal wiring got messed with. My HID setup was straight plug and play though with the heavy duty wiring harnesses included in the kit. Everything in the headlights function as intended, and the truck was DEFINITELY NOT doing this turn signal thing before the headlight change over. I even went so far as to take the new headlight housings out and unplug the HIDs and set it back up the way it was before, but that made no change.... :banghead:

I’ll post some pics and include a short video I took after I get it on my YouTube account so I can link it.... I’ve NEVER seen this happen before and now can’t get it to function correctly. Also add in that I checked ALL fuses related to turn signals and none were blown.

34D9573F-B470-4856-AE60-B73030F8CC7F.jpeg 01AB8D72-47D9-415B-9FC3-76685BC7B3A2.jpeg
I will also add that when the LED turn arrow is lit but not flashing as a turn signal, it’s not fully illuminated. The center LEDS are pretty dim, almost not lit at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention in the last post, when I disengage the auto lights, it shuts off.... still hyper flashes when I engage turn signal but doesn’t “stay on, when it’s just in normal mode with lights off... I’m stumped!! Please help!
EDIT: after unplugging the battery and then reconnecting and starting up, in auto lights mode, it will hyperflash, like when a bulb is blown, however I verified front and rear bulbs are working. And then when I disengage auto lights, it doesn’t stay illuminated, but still hyper flashes when I hit the passenger side turn signal.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So even though the primary turn signal bulb on the passenger side was lit and flashing when engaged, I put a new bulb in just to see what would happen and it’s back to normal..... no turn signal arrow in the mirror staying illuminated and flashing normally now. ooi.... :cool:
why are these trucks so damn weird electrically speaking?!?!
I read over on the duramax forum that someone had almost the exact same issue as I did, and there were lots of different answers, but the possibility of the flasher module starting to go bad was mentioned and that someone else replaced theirs, and it solved the issue. I went ahead and picked up the part because Carquest had it in stock, I’ll hold onto it for a couple days for now and see what happens. If the turn signals stays normal then I’ll return the part after weekend. But if it goes on the fritz again I’ll swap the sort and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr